The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

3 hats, 1 scarf and a poncho in a pear tree!

Hey Giddy is that you and your new 'do'? You look great LOVE the hair and esp the colour! I had my hair that colour for years and will definitely go back to it some day.

Magical knits btw...your needles must be on fire :lol: Esp love the poncho....where'd you get the pattern missus? :)

evenin!

thanks for the comments - really appreciate it! these makes have been done while i've been doing elves and santas too - i realised as i was wrapping the hats that i'd not shown them! They are all, of course, the big issue pattern too.

the yarn for the scarf was Sirdar Bigga in tulip something or other - it is a discontinued yarn, but MCA direct have it there. it was my "oh my god not enough yarn" scarf i lamented about the other day. my version is a helluva lot chunkier than the original, but i love it. the original is out of this months The Knitter (not my usual choice of mag obviously, but i did fall in love with the pattern)

yes, that is my new doo, and my pj's - my flannalette specials :lol: i also have some new ones, bright read with a little gold thread running through the check on them - they are miles too big, but i had to have them! thanks for the hair comments too - i've been a bit unsure, but i'm getting used to it now.

the pattern for the poncho is off knitting pattern central - its the little riding hood cape, which i have modified by adding extra stitched across the front so it crosses over properly and put the arm holes in myself too.

i've knit a preemie hat and mitts (unmatched mitts, as its in crofters and they take so little of it!) for the 26 weeker who is doing fab at the mo. nearly broke my heart when i took in just how small these knits are. pic to follow.

thanks again ladies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ooh I do love the doo too :-) Want to get my hair cut soon! Hey and pj's a bit big is better than too tight imho, don't like to feel strangled by my bed clothes :ohh:

Sounds like you've been mega busy :cheese:

Ooh I do love the doo too :-) Want to get my hair cut soon! Hey and pj's a bit big is better than too tight imho, don't like to feel strangled by my bed clothes :ohh:

Sounds like you've been mega busy :cheese:

i sure have - once i'd finished that chunky scarf, i didnt know what to do with myself, i'd had a wip plan of what i needed to do by when etc, it was a bit of a damp squid when i realised i'd done everything - hence the preemie stuff.

oh, i dont wear my pj's to bed :red: ;-)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yep once in a while that happens to me too - but not very often. And what did I do while I was upstairs earlier and Ellie demanded I go into my own room and tidy it (even though it didn't need doing) well I started to crochet her a scarf to add to the gazzillion other wip's I have!!!!