The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

NEW!! Knitty Challenge - ENDS 14TH FEBRUARY 2010 - give a hat to a stranger - what's the Big Issue?!?! - NOW CLOSED

I'm in as well. It takes me about 1hr to knock up a hat and I did three in one evening for my hubby in lots of diff colours so it will give me something to do in between other projects and when I want a night from from my main project but still want to knit.

Andrea

I'm in as well. It takes me about 1hr to knock up a hat and I did three in one evening for my hubby in lots of diff colours so it will give me something to do in between other projects and when I want a night from from my main project but still want to knit.

Andrea

thats great mrs H, am sure the homeless and BI sellers will be thankful!!!!

the T&C's (also known as Da Rules) are at the top of this thread, along with the pattern

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LOL Su2ie I remember those. When my two were young they would always try and sit on my knee when I was knitting because they said I was snuggly and warm. Not particularly easy to knit with a toddler on your knee. They pretty much leave me to it now as teenage girls don't want to sit cuddling Mummy. The other day I was talking to a neighbour and saw my youngest coming home from school with a couple of mates. I shouted and waved to her as you do and was told (exact words from her) "Aw mum do you have to do that when I'm with my mates - I nearly died of embarassment". So I think I'll do it more often to make up for all the embarassing times I had with her when younger, like the time she asked a woman "are you pregnant or is your belly like that cos you're fat". I wanted to dig a hole and fall into it, she was only three tho and thankfully the woman wasn't offended. Payback is sweet tho lol.

Andrea

Well here's my entry for the comp. Hope you don't mind Giddy but I knit it on circulars and dpns so I wouldn't have to sew a seam! I used 2 strands of cream DK then every few rows I swapped one of the strands for either navy or blue and carried the threads up the inside so I wouldn't have loads of ends to sew in :)

I think I will send it to my MIL and ask if she can give it to a needy person as BI people have disappeared here and its very rare you see any homeless people around here being a small holiday type town. MIL has a lot of contact with the needy/homeless through her church work.