The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

NEW!! Knitty Challenge - ENDS 14TH FEBRUARY 2010 - give a hat to a stranger - what's the Big Issue?!?! - NOW CLOSED

I know! It really is the 'feel good factor' :-) makes me want to knit more!

Just wondering...... I must be the only knitter alive who does not have a stash of DK :wow: I do however have tons of Aran weight.... would sts and needles need to be changed? Any help appreciated I'm useless at this kind of thing :cheese:

I know! It really is the 'feel good factor' :-) makes me want to knit more!

Just wondering...... I must be the only knitter alive who does not have a stash of DK :wow: I do however have tons of Aran weight.... would sts and needles need to be changed? Any help appreciated I'm useless at this kind of thing :cheese:

hmmmm it does depend on how thick the aran is - i suppose you could double it up anyway and knit it on the same needles, it will come up a bit big and thicker, or if is only say 0.5mm difference in needle size it should make a massive difference.

not like its a jumper or anything is it. i'd try it and see - goooo onnnnnnnn i dare ya!

oh, and yes, i think you probably are the only knitter alive without the dk stash - but i dont have much aran!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just wondering...... I must be the only knitter alive who does not have a stash of DK

ermm... nope - I have mostly sock yarn and chunky - chunky from Christmas hats and felting and sock yarn from, well, socks...

very little DK or aran in the stash at all - so glad these hats are chunky.

Mine will be purple and cornflower blue stripes I think...

Just wondering...... I must be the only knitter alive who does not have a stash of DK

ermm... nope - I have mostly sock yarn and chunky - chunky from Christmas hats and felting and sock yarn from, well, socks...

very little DK or aran in the stash at all - so glad these hats are chunky.

Mine will be purple and cornflower blue stripes I think...