The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

NEW!! Knitty Challenge - ENDS 14TH FEBRUARY 2010 - give a hat to a stranger - what's the Big Issue?!?! - NOW CLOSED

morning ladies

A lovely entry from Dreamy to start us off - who will be next? Has OH passed the hat on as yet dreamy? just wondered what the response was

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Might need to go find a BI seller somewhere else for this, but I am in (bit late, but never mind) - do you know roughly how much yarn this takes, just so I know how many colours I'll need to use to make a full hat? I have loads of bits of balls left over from making Christmas berets for friends and family, but there might be some odd mixes if I'm not careful!

Thanks

Well OH gave my hat to a homeless person today :cheese:

He was walking up to work and came upon a man in rags sitting on cardboard holding the eternal polystyrene cup, he said he just held out the hat and said to the man here you go, that's for you :-) The man was a bit shocked at first, and then said oh thanks, thanks very much :)

OH was thrilled with himself! I think it made him feel like a good samaritan, thanks Giddy this was a great idea xxx

Oh Dreamy glad to hear your hat was so gratefully received :)

Hope to start mine once I have finished the gilet. Thinking of doing multicoloured stripes or something. Mind you the BI ladies weren't in town today, unless they were sheltering somewhere from the horrible rain.

hiya

physchobabe and you're not late, still plenty of time - just remember to post us a picture so i can enter you in. as for strange mixes of colours - it'll be fine! just remember too, if its dk yarn, you'll need to double it.

dreamy, that story warms my heart - well done to you for knitting it, and to OH for plucking up the courage - you've made that mans day between you!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx