The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
MollyMoppit

Finished Cardie

The yarn is Manos del Uruguay silk blend & the pattern was in a mag but I think you can buy it separately. The pattern is called Moonstone & the shade of yarn I used is called Libra.

I am glad you all seem to like it as much as I do. The yarn is quite expensive but it does knit up lovely & the colours are gorgeous.

I was put of by the pattern originally as I thought it looked tricky but is so easy. It is mainly stocking stitch & the lace border pattern is done over only 4 rows 3 of which are either straightforward knit or purl. There is only 1 row where you have to knit stitches together or do yarn overs so do give it a go if you are tempted.

thanks mollie for the info about your cardi, we have a very good wool shop here in wallasey called MAKE , i am sure i will find it there , my star sign is Libra, same shade as the wool you used, so i just have to make it now.

i am knitting a little jacket for my granddaughter at the moment in a yarn called splash by king cole ,, i have done one in lovely autumn colours and it knits up like fairisle, it looks really clever and complicated , but its not. will let you know how i get on.

mollie, back again,, the wool shop i mentioned is called MADE, not MAKE, anyway, i typed in google stockists of the yarn and it came back as stocked in MADE,, and the pattern is by artisan,, so i will be there at the weekend to suss it out, thought you and other readers may be interested.

Is there a number for the knitting pattern? I'm trying to find it online but can't at the mo. I was dying to ask for details before but daren't cos I'm a wuss :lol:

However, when I've been searching for it I've found a knitting shop near my mother's that I didn't know was there. And as I'm visiting mum at the weekend...

Newsflash! I've managed to track down some shops near me that sells it so for anyone in Lancashire/Greater Manchester here it is:

http://artesanoyarns.co.uk/Counties/lancashire.html

one of them is near Accrington, cue terrible impressions of 'Who's Accrington Stanley?' that we do at home whenever we see the bus or a sign for Accrington :lol:

mollie, back again,, the wool shop i mentioned is called MADE, not MAKE, anyway, i typed in google stockists of the yarn and it came back as stocked in MADE,, and the pattern is by artisan,, so i will be there at the weekend to suss it out, thought you and other readers may be interested.

Thanks for that knittynana. Look forward to seeing your version & also your granddaughter's jacket, which sounds lovely, so don't forget to post pics.