The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

I dont like Mondays

Just got home after an awful day at work - so busy at the mo - but reading this has cheered me up no end. Loved all the hilarious underwear disasters!

Hope everyone's had a good day & those who are feeling under the weather feel better soon.

Off to catch up on all the other posts now.

Hiya everyone

Haven't been around much, I am usually on at the weekend but was visiting friends for a change. The best bit was actually having a whole train carriage to myself and knitting away happy as larry. When it was time to get off I was soooo disappointed as I was enjoying myself that much.

I have had a laugh reading all the tights/knickers stories and it made me think of my tights/stockings moment. It must have been about 15 years or so ago when I was seeing the boyfriend that night (now husband) I remember making a big effort and getting all dolled up with make up, wearing a skirt and stockings ( the ones that are supposed to stay up themselves without the suspenders) ................... anyway after getting off the bus and walking down the busy main road with loads of people and traffic I was struggling to keep one of the stockings up as it kept slipping down no matter how many times I kept howking it up.........the other was ok...............eventually the blinking thing fell down. I was mortified as this thing was lying on my foot......I just bent down took my shoe off and stuffed it in my jacket pocket. The other stayed up and I just took it off when I got in. Embarassing then, but easy to laugh at now. BTW, I have never worn them again because they do not stay up, better with the sussies... :lol:

Anyway, have a good night everyone. I am busy knitting wee ghosties and pumpkins for the office.

Ohhhh and my subscription confirmation came thro with my freebies..........yipee.....

Selmoon

Im looking forward to doing my cerulean, but have lots of christmas pressies to do before I knit for myself :-S

I've decided that between Christmas Eve & 2nd Jan all I'm going to knit will be for ME!!!!!! I've got a pattern similar to Cerulean but not as stretchy that I'm going to do, maybe a cropped cardi & a vintage cushion for my bed & ........................ never enough time!!!! Oh & a knitted patchwork big bag too!!

Im looking forward to doing my cerulean, but have lots of christmas pressies to do before I knit for myself :-S

I've decided that between Christmas Eve & 2nd Jan all I'm going to knit will be for ME!!!!!! I've got a pattern similar to Cerulean but not as stretchy that I'm going to do, maybe a cropped cardi & a vintage cushion for my bed & ........................ never enough time!!!! Oh & a knitted patchwork big bag too!!

Right on! I fully intend knitting for me once Im done with presents, I usually get a knit kit of some description each christmas so that usually gets cast on, on christmas day regardless of WIPs and UFOs :lol: I plan not to be knitting right up to christmas eve this year, though to be fair last year I did only make a few little extras to bulk out presents and use up stash.... with a huge stash I may be doing that this year too I think :)

You've had me laughing with your knickers/tights tales.

Took my DD to drs for her flu jab and she was very brave only shed a few tears. She was disappointed to find that she's got to go back for swine flu jab when they have supplies. We then went to Morrisons cafe for tea and cake as a treat for being so good.

Just cast on a beanie that my nephew has asked for. I'm doing it in a beige for him (hope he will like it).

I've had more fun reading the posts in this thread today than I've had for ages! What wonderful knicker and stokcing horror stories :lol: I can't think of any disastrous tales for me. no doubt i'll wake in a cold sweat tonight when some humiliting memory pops unbidden into my head!

Dee, have you tried listening to an audio book on your i-pod? That's guaranteed o get me off to sleep if i'm struggling to reach the Land of Nod, which doesn't happen very often, unless i wake in the night.

I've had an extremely busy day at work and it's going to continue all week, through the weekend because I'm on call and there's big stuff happening, and into next week. I'm going to be absolutely pooped :-S Things should hopefully settle down after that.

Meantime, I've had no response yet to my very angry email to that pet shop chain about Callum's accident, which just makes me even crosser. >:-( That's the kind of correspondence I'd be responding too bloomin quick if I received it, even if it was just to acknowledge receipt of the email and confirm that the complaint was being looked into. Hey ho, I'll see what comes in the next few days, failing which I'm going to go nuts at them :exclaim: >:-( :exclaim:

On that grumpy note, I'm away to try to persuade my little soldier to go to bed, then attempt to do a bit more of the PSP case my OH has asked me to make for him.

x