The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
MaggieJay

issue 7 is here!

A much better issue than Issue 6 - loads of projects from the simple to advanced, and at least a few things I like the look of and want to have a go out. Good job MJ peeps!

Fantastic issue - much better than the last. I've even made it to the SOS page with a question that I asked in the forum. I did send a question to the team for an introduction to glass fusing using a microwavable kiln so I'm pleased that there's a feature on that too.

I'm inspired to ask more questions now we know they get answered lol.

Good issue but I am a little peeved with one of the projects if I am honest!

The rose tinted project has more than a few similarities with my handmade rose floatie 'rose garden' sets I made a while ago...coincidence or not I am a bit miffed really as I designed this so long ago and uploaded it on to the forum here. Is it that is has been spotted and amended or is it a matter or great minds? either way I am annoyed as I did it first but havnt had the recognition! I try so hard to be original and well is it worth it anymore?

Other than that the mag is great this month :)

Aims x

post-11787-13668147377944_thumb.jpg

Hi Aims,

Its always worth being original please do not loose heart! Yours is very similar to the one in the magazine. I have had a few bad experiences in the past of people stealing my designs (not on here I might add). I would advise keeping anything really unusual mainly to yourself............ sad but true. By the way I think your necklace is much nicer than the mag one babe!

Debs x

Hi Aims,

Its always worth being original please do not loose heart! Yours is very similar to the one in the magazine. I have had a few bad experiences in the past of people stealing my designs (not on here I might add). I would advise keeping anything really unusual mainly to yourself............ sad but true. By the way I think your necklace is much nicer than the mag one babe!

Debs x

Thanks so much Debs :) It really means I alot! It is a bit sad if you have to hide all your creations for fear of people copying your designs...I am sorry this has happened to you before, I know would never dream of copying anyone elses designs, I dont even like copying designs out of magazines!!

Aims x