The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

(late) Summer Sunday

afternoon all!!!!

well, we didnt cook, in fact it did get a wee bit chilly but we managed to deliver almost everything and got some good orders too so thats a bonus!

we've just had pasta with homemade mushroom sauce (well, it started life as a mushroom soup i'd put in the freezer so warwick had some before it got turned into a sauce).

Gonna crack on with my chain scarf tonight, as I'm in the "zone" with it now.

nice to see you back Hatfull!!!

hope everyone is having a nice day, and to those having a rough time at the mo (((((((((((((( big hugs )))))))))))))))))))))))

lotsa love

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone. I've not been around much recently as too much going on.My best friend's daughter finally arrived-Phoebe at 8lbs 10oz. She's lovely and obviously has a fab wardrobe!! I think I knitted my way through the Sirdar Early Arrivals 2 book for her. Now I'm doing newborn stuff for someone else's 1st baby due at Christmas.

Hat- your new pan will banish bingo wings (if you're old enough to have them yet!) as le creuset pans all weigh a ton!

I just gave nearly HALF my stash to my MIL for trauma teddies/burundi bears/toys for Romanian orphans. We're hoping to move soon & my OH happened to look under the bed to see how much stuff was underneath. It was just like a memory box as I put yarn into bags, remembering what I had knitted with each colour for various friends' babies/children/my daughter. Quite sad really, & realising how long I have hoarded some of the yarn. Anyone else felt like that?

Keep on knitting/hoarding in the free world!

Hi buffalogal - glad to see you again :-) Just remember your stash is going to bring a lot of love into the lives of children who are suffering. I know it had memories but the children toys go to will have a memory that will always put a smile on their face. Thank you for being soooo generous.

Galad Phoebe's here - I love the name. Bet she's the best dressed baby around!

Well I'm signing off now. It's been a long day for me & I can barely keep my eyes open. Have a good evening everyone. See you in the morning!!

Buzy

haha! i certainly do have Bingo Wings, and yu're right, my new pan will banish them for good, I reckon! havn't found suitable display area yet (as my kitchen is aproximatly the size of a postage stamp, and all available work tops are normally covered in either washing up, drying up or a cat!) so I've washed it very carefully, oiled it and put it in the cupboard for now, until next weekend when i can find a good home for it! the inside has 1 or 2 slight patches of discolouration, that look a little like either rust or just cooking stains, but it's in almost perfect condition overall.

Ok, that's quite enough about my pan, I think I'm obsessed! The shields, Buzy: well, the joys of working with 6 year olds! We're doing castles this half term, and we needed a bit of an instant display, so we made shields on Friday afternoon which I've brought home to cover and spray (except, I'm not great at the spraying and I ran out of foil. And the shop was closed so i couldn't get more) so I'll have to finish them tomorrow evening (as well as the 7 other jobs I have to do tomorrow evening *sighs*)

Buffalogal: congrats to your friend on the new arrivel! Keep those needles clicking! i have to say, when I organised my stash recently, I was very nostalgic looking at some of it! (and, of course, i got it all organised and promptly went and doubled my stash the following week :red: ) I'm trying very hard to work my way through my stash without buying anymore (she says, as she eyes up sparkly wool on ebay for knitting Christmas tree decorations!)

Hi everyone,

a quick log-on to say goodnight.

Big welcome back to Hatfull and Buffalogal, my you two are busy bunnies!! Can't wait to see pics of FO's and new babies :)

Katy - homemade mushroom sauce?! Impressive!

Everyone else - hope the reason you're not on here is because you're having a wonderful Sunday evening xxx