The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
love2knit4meboys

Sunday!!!!!

No such thing as ignorant Suz, we can't all know everything about everything! I wouldn't say RC is all about the Holy Mary, in fact at day to day masses etc she doesn't feature very much at all, but RC's do definately believe in her and she has her own feast days etc. Personally she has been a source of great solace and comfort to me over the years, in the same way as one might have a favourite saint.

Listen OH is looking for his dinner...will have to get back to this later, sorry!

I think there's a type of church for everybody - whatever you are comfortable with. I've been going to mine since I was 18 as well as other churches when I was at college etc. I just find like minded people at mine whose faith is the core of their lives & it's relevant & meaningful. We have loads of things during the week too. We went to evensong at Wells Cathedral when we were on holiday a few years ago & it was heavenly - so different to what I'm used to but very spiritual. I loved it but not sure I'd want that every week.

I wouldn't presume to tell anyone which church to go to just to find the one they feel at home in. We're all on a journey but we travel by different paths ........

Buzy

I used to go to methodist sunday school when I was little and it was great - we did the sunday school anniversary and everything!

sorry, just had a blast from the past - new frocks and a rickety stage!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry Dreamy! See told you I was ignorant as someone once said to me they couldn't understand how RC's could worship Mary when she wasn't holy just the mother of the Lord so I don't actually know that much but thanks I've been enlightened :) I suppose its pretty good to have a woman who is so highly thought of within the church. I think we could all learn a little from each other. I must admit when I first came over here I found it overwhelming how many people were openly religious as its more so here than in the UK I'd say!

We're all on a journey but we travel by different paths ........

Buzy

Too true Busy!

Anyway as I was saying before, I was quite comfortable with RC until I grew up and got married. Sudenly it didn't make sense to me any more how an ageing man who had never been married and probably never worked a proper days labour his whole life, could feel qualified to lecture on the core values of the family etc.

Then the whole church sex abuse thing. Then the treatment of children in reform schools. Oh God it's just gone from bad to worse.

I'm thrilled this topic was raised as in the last few hours I have decided to research alternative churches in our area. I miss worship, but unfortunatley that is far from what is on offer in our parish at the mo. It's more like hypnotism (from the boredom! :lol:0

Well I guess its sensible to find the sort of worship you enjoy Dreamy. My OH believes in God, prays etc but you wouldn't get him near a church but I think its because he hasn't been to one that suits him yet. He's never been with me but it doesn't bother me as long as he doesn't mind me going :)