The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
love2knit4meboys

Sunday!!!!!

Right, I've about 30 seconds till meltdown...both boys are ready for their supper and Mammy has been busy catching up on all the posts she missed since Friday........

May I begin by saying you guys are in smilie overload!!! :lol:

Su2 - well done, the potty training sounds like it's going well despite the hiccups, Ellie will get there! I know how your OH feels about her pic on your blog...it's another reason why I closed my Facebook account TBH, just couldn't stomach the world and his wife having access to my babes photos (perhaps too paranoid but hey ho!)

What did you wear to the bbq? My auntie always said...if in doubt - overdress! Has always worked for me but then again I have developed a super thick skin and unbreakable shield of self-confidence over the years :) Hope the weather was good.

One more thing (I am intrigued) you have a projector in church!!? What for?!

Thaks all for your kind words re DS2 who is now recevered from his 24 hr bug, but he has passed it on (as they do) to DS1 who is very poorly this eve :(

MoonH - I have decided that your remedy for lost knitting mojo is right up my street and should definitely be accompanied by a rather large glass of Emmilou's vodka and chocolate milkshake............Paaaarrtttaayyy!!! :lol: Also, yes white russians are delicious BUT black russians are even nicer! Oh.... they were the days (sigh!)

Oh yeah, and if I won the lottery I'd hire a permanent hairdresser and get my locks sorted every morning before emerging from the bedroom!! Ha!

Liz - good luck with the final year of your social work degree, and I hope the move back to your old job tomorrow is not too difficult :)

Katy - I was puzzled as to the thread about KnitPro needles but have since read what they are and oooh! I like the sound of them! Know what you mean about the price of veg. Recently a local man here has opened a veg garden and every Tuesday he fills me a box of fresh veg for €10 which gets me through the whole week and is chemical free. I feel blessed to have found him as I'm always concerned about the whole pesticide issue.

Su2 and Katy - both of you knitting Ceruleans for MIL! Well done! I'm sure you can all imagine what I'd give mine >:( >:-(

K&F - delighted for you that the house problem is finally resolved. Phew! My Mum's house is in a flood risk zone, she's the last house in a row of seven and over the years despite the worst of floods the water only ever came as far as number 5, so she's one relieved lady!

PinkL - if you think Tansy is a big undertaking you should cop a look at my WIP it's a long (28") lattice cabled cardi and at this rate it's be well into next yr before I'm done (despite pledging to myself I'd be wearing it for birthday in Sept!! Ha!

Busy - I never knew about a newsletter! Signing up right now. Definately you should charge for your pattern, I am concerned though that she might be poaching and would publish your pattern as a plagarist? (did I spell that right?!) sorry but I see dishonesty everywhere and just feel I should caution you (cos I like ya! :))

Dee - I hope you're feeling better.

Me? Well I've been off the radar last couple of days. Hospital. Miscarriage.

Well that's not strictly true... I went in with a bleed and after a scan they told me "the pregnancy is no longer viable" and bascially I have been sent home to wait to miscarry. Very sad. :(

However, I will chat to my buddies, knit, love my boys, lean on the OH, and carry on :)

Love to all x

((((((((((((((((((((((((Dreamy))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry that this has happened. Its so sad, I'm sending you and your family loving thoughts. We'll all be here to help and support you

Sandra xx

Me? Well I've been off the radar last couple of days. Hospital. Miscarriage.

Well that's not strictly true... I went in with a bleed and after a scan they told me "the pregnancy is no longer viable" and bascially I have been sent home to wait to miscarry. Very sad. :(

However, I will chat to my buddies, knit, love my boys, lean on the OH, and carry on :)

Love to all x

oh bab I'm so sorry to hear that. I like you, and I dont like nasty things happening to people I like. I'm sure i'm not alone in offering support with chatting,the knitting and the carrying on part of your plan.

Big hugs coming your way (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((xxxxxxx ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

p.s am only a pm away y'know - just in case you need to rant. xxxxx

Oh God thanks. I'm dreading it, it'll be my third in four years so I know what to expect. Just wish it was over!!! Take PMT and multiply by a million, that's about how I feel this evening :(

oh goodness me, how horrible. I've never been there thank god, so am struggling here not to put foot in mouth, as it were. am also trying to avoid all the obvious comments - but I mean all of them, well, all of the nice ones that dont make you feel worse or wind you up :)

mega cuddles :kiss:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry Love2 - meant to put you in there!! Just wanted to say hope the hair's improved (that is true about Head&Shoulders;!) and also that I am in awe of you going back to resit your GCSE's, I'd love to go back to study... Gosh you're brave with two littleuns' !! Go you :)