The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
moosick

tie front bolero

I think it looks absolutely lovely, but I can see where you would perhaps want it longer, but not necessarily bigger.

a band around it would look fab, but like the others say, have a practice. what are the sleeves like? if they dont flare out perhaps you could put the same band on them too - you have enough yarn left anyways!

well done though, its lovely

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh moo, that's such a lovely top you've made! :-) It looks so pretty on you. I can see what you mean and think Buzy's advice is good. It's a horrible feeling that sinking feeling you get after you've spent so much time and effort (even on a quick knit) and then it doesn't look how you imagined it when you try it on. I did that recently. Bite the bullet and see if you can add a nice border to lengthen it. I'm sure you could wear it out as it is, but you need to feel comfortable in it to do that. Good luck and post a piccy of its next development. I hope it goes really well. :cheese:

I do like it, I just as you say, don't feel 100% comfortable in it, and I haven't attempted a swatch with a border yet , but I will! And that's also a good idea Katy, the sleeves don't flare no, they just sit nicely so a matching band would go on them well. And would make it look like I intended it to be that way (hopefully) :lol:

All the advice and help is much appreciated as I do want to be able to wear this, I love shrugs and tops like this because you can dress summery without having to feel naked! :cheese: Maybe the dark of this isn't that summery, but as someone said, its versatile so I can wear it whenever and with pretty much whatever - if I can save it! :lol: