The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
DarkAngelKnits

Meet Marv!

He's lovely Dark!

Alex saw it and said to me "OOoh could you print the pattern out and make me one?" I happily said, there isn't a pattern, the lady who made him made the pattern up. She has way too many toys!

Ok this may be a silly question, how do you knit something so tiny in the round?! Do you have a really tiny pair of circular needles? How do you make it smaller at the end... I've never used circular needles they scare me :lol: But I've seen lots of lovely items made with them and I know I'll have to face them sooner or later :blank:

Moo I've found when knitting in the round you can only get so many stitches on the circulars so you have to swap to dpns. There's also something called the magic loop method with circulars but I'm not very good at magic :cheese:

Right I AM off to do housework now!

He's lovely Dark!

Alex saw it and said to me "OOoh could you print the pattern out and make me one?" I happily said, there isn't a pattern, the lady who made him made the pattern up. She has way too many toys!

Ok this may be a silly question, how do you knit something so tiny in the round?! Do you have a really tiny pair of circular needles? How do you make it smaller at the end... I've never used circular needles they scare me :lol: But I've seen lots of lovely items made with them and I know I'll have to face them sooner or later :blank:

Oh bless her! I used DPNs to knit Marv, his body is basically a tube with some decreases as I got near the top then I knit the head separatly and stitched it on