The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Buzyknitting

Teapot Jumper Parade

Hi Helen,

My teapot was a cheapie from Tesco at only 4.99 euros and holds 1200ml if that helps!

The terrorist teapot gave me a chuckle but then I noticed it wasn't hand knit!!!! Blasphemous if you ask me!!!!

I've got a teapot :-)

If i'm not being too ambitious time-wise i'm also thinking of cafetiere's and cosies for the coffee drinkers :) got a pattern in an old mag.

Question Teapot Ladies with a Teacup (well anyone with a teacup really!)

Could someone please measure for me how many ml fit into a 'standard' teacup, my teapot holds 1150ml (ish)

My teacups are 200ml so your teapot is a 6cup one buffy. The items for coffee drinkers are a good idea too. I never drink coffee as it gives me a migraine & I don't much like the taste either. I've done a few flowers from my book this pm as a trial run for future teapot jumpers. I think my next one might be spotty ....... not sure yet. did 6 rows of my letter but it makes my hands hurt much more than other knitting even on bamboo needles.

Happy jumper making!!

Buzy

The terrorist teapot gave me a chuckle but then I noticed it wasn't hand knit!!!! Blasphemous if you ask me!!!!

i liked the terrorist teapot too but i think it would be better in a lovely purple colour or even possibly a pink one, hey suzie?...hahaha!!! :lol: and deffo made by hand NOT machine...lol!!

My teacups are 200ml so your teapot is a 6cup one buffy. The items for coffee drinkers are a good idea too. I never drink coffee as it gives me a migraine & I don't much like the taste either.

Thank you

I can't drink coffee either as they give me a headache too, I used to work for a coffee company aswell!!!!

Suzie, mine's from Tesco too, it was £3.50, they had a cream one and a black one, I bought a cream one to start with

Buzy I've seen some lovely smaller stainless steel teapots in Tesco. The only thing is - they look kind of like a small squat coffee pot. Have you seen them? I want to buy one but would also like to make a jumper for it. Any ideas? After all you're the teapot jumper Guru :lol:

That's the teapot I bought for my friend Anne when she moved. It's the basket weave one in cream with the orange/brown & yellow flowers in the parade. Mine's white but I do fancy a cream one too cos they go with a lot of colours. Will have a look next time I'm in Tesco.

Buzy