The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Buzyknitting

Titchy Teapot Jumper

Really sweet, scaled down tea cosy...

Buzy, how do you get your knitting so tidy? Is there a trick, or are you just a tidy person all around?

Really sweet, scaled down tea cosy...

Buzy, how do you get your knitting so tidy? Is there a trick, or are you just a tidy person all around?

I'm a tidy person anyway but I guess it comes down to practice. I like things to be as good as they can be in whatever I'm doing but having been knitting & sewing for such a long time does help.

Buzy

I think it is your personality coming out in your knits...so, I shall just settle for the fact that mine will always look a bit shabbled because they were knitted by an old scruff :lol: !

None of my knitting needs to look nice at afternoon tea anyway...it's more likely to end up on a wild adventure than near good tea cups. I do enjoy looking at your work anyway Buzy. :-)

Oh RC7 - I'm sure your knits aren't shabbled - I do love that word - it's a new one on me. I'm sure you're not an old scruff are you? Maybe you need to post a piccie of yourself so that I can see if that's a porkie you're telling!!

Buzy

No, really, I am a scruff. :-) I'm not bothered by it, I am not hurting anyone, I just find it hard to look and be really tidy. The curly frizzy hair does not help, and I am quite active, prefer my clothes comfortable or practical...I feel trapped when I am all dressed up. I think there is room for all sorts in this world anyway.

As for knitting, I probably am imagining some of it, it is just your teapot clothes always look so smart and neat.