The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Buzyknitting

Titchy Teapot Jumper

Buzy I will be sure to let you know if I find a teapot :-) Not sure what colours to use yet. Is the pattern in DK as I've loads of that? Thanks for the offer of the pattern too :cheese:

Yep it's good old DK. If you do a plain colour for a 6 cup pot you need about 35g depending on the dk but 50g is more than enough. Odds & ends for flowers is all that you need. They're great for stash busting!! Let me know what size your teapot is (how many cups it holds) & I'll send you the basic pattern. Hope you find one :-)

Buzy

I sure will Buzy - think I know a few places in town that may stock teapots although I will be trying the less rip off places first. Being a holiday town we have lots of gift shops which in some cases can mean silly prices aimed at the tourists :-S

I was thinking this months LK would have plenty of flower choices for embellisment too :cheese:

I got a brand new teapot in my charity shop for £1.50!! Plain white but that's what I wanted. May be worth a look. Beware tho as some teapots are for ornaments only!! What's that all about??? .......

Happy hunting :-)

Buzy

that is so lovely, I just how you create the ambience in the pic too!

My mom and dad used to use a teapot all the time, but since my dad's stroke its just a bit too dangerous. Its a shame really as my nan carried on using a teapot after she was registered blind, she had a thing that hung over the side of the cup and sounded the alarm when the liquid level hit the sensor - it meant you only got half a cup but at least with a teapot you could grab another one! the sensor also meant that she could have a cup and saucer and not worry she was going to burn herself bless her.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx