The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
buffyflump

Knit a Poem

Katy - I wonder if we can swap? I got a U which is a bit easy as I told them I was an advanced knitter!! I suppose with that amount of people doing it there may be a few hiccups. I've got to get wool especially - I think most people have :-S Anyway it should be great when it's finished.

Buzy

buzy you are a life saver!!!! would love to swap with your U - I will pm you my email address so you can forward the template to me and then I'll reply with the R.

thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I definately agree with previous posters about the 100% wool, I don't have any and I can't afford to go out and buy some for something like this :down:

I really want to do this but not sure if I can, i was thinking about this over tea and i've decided i'm going to email and see why they want/need 100% wool and see what happens

Edited to say

I've emailed Rebecka so i'll see what happens.

Also have told Dave about this and told him that I don't understand why they want 100% wool and he said (as quick as a flash!) probably because it's flame-retardant if they want to hang it like a tapestry

Good idea Helen - I wonder if they realise that the majority of wools out there are blended?

I haven't been able to open my templates yet as there was a problem on my MIL's pc so will wait until I'm home.

Katy - I wonder if we can swap? I got a U which is a bit easy as I told them I was an advanced knitter!! I suppose with that amount of people doing it there may be a few hiccups. I've got to get wool especially - I think most people have :-S Anyway it should be great when it's finished.

Buzy

buzy you are a life saver!!!! would love to swap with your U - I will pm you my email address so you can forward the template to me and then I'll reply with the R.

thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No probs Katy. I hope nobody thinks I'm being big headed cos I got an easy letter but I have been knitting a lonnnnnggggg time. Do you think the poem people will be ok with this?? Hope so. Wonder whether it's worth an email to them to check?

Buzy

Good idea Buffy. I'd thought about doing that too. Can you let us know what the verdict is as I think pretty much all of us are going to have to buy wool specially, when they've said to try and use bits from our stash.