The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
buffyflump

Knit a Poem

Red's a lovely colour - I had thought about it but I'm not sure whether to do something like purple or burnt orange. You know how I love my autumny colours :-) I suppose I'll knmw it when I see it!!

Buzy

Does it definitely have to be 100% wool? I'll have to go shopping too. I was just gonna raid my stash, but if it has to be wool ... Seems a bit silly really 'cos surely acrylic would be more durable. Oh well, they know what they want! :)

That's exactly what I thought, as we're the one's who are paying for the wool I think it's a bit cheeky telling us that want 100 % wool.

When I actually get round to knitting it I might need a little help as i've not done intarsia (that's what it's called, isn't it?) before, i'm sure with all your expert guidance though i'll get through it no problem :)

I don't have any real wool and I'd to be honest, I'd grudge buying expensive, 100% wool for something like this.

I'm sure the article I responded to said you could use bits left over from your stash to do it. To be honest, we don't have much spare casg and I signed up thinking it was a nice thing to do and wouldn't cost me anything because I could use bits from my stash.

Hey ho. Grumpy's finished grumping :(

I've got the letter R.

x

I got an R and a T - i told them I was beginner/intermediate - a flippin R???!!!! oh well lets hope i can manage it.

I too am a bit miffed (well,alot actually) as I dont have any 100% wool dk in my stash, as it makes me itch.

Perhaps they are going to felt them?

oh well, will pop on kemps see what they've got. will report back with any bargains.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Katy - I wonder if we can swap? I got a U which is a bit easy as I told them I was an advanced knitter!! I suppose with that amount of people doing it there may be a few hiccups. I've got to get wool especially - I think most people have :-S Anyway it should be great when it's finished.

Buzy