The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
love2knit4meboys

Slow sunday!!!

Afternoon everyone - very breezy here today with threatening clouds with bits of sun in between. Just got back from church & lunch is on. I'll have to have a little nap after as I'm struggling today. There's a church picnic today but I just couldn't do it :-S

Fiona - you can get low odour paint too. I've always used onions for paint & also if my children had been sick too to take away the odour. Bicarb in water is great for getting smells out of carpets etc.

I'm a GREAT AUNT again - that sounds sooooo old. My niece has had a little girl called Isla. Had to have a C Section due to toxaemia but all is well now.

Knitty stuff this pm & a bit of ironing.

Bye for now!

Buzy

Afternoon all. Didn't get chance to get on the computer at all yesterday, was out most of the day. Been to church this morning and just finished the dishes from the Sunday roast so now got chance to sit down and catch up on here and get some knitting done.

Hope everyone's had a lovely weekend.

Hi everyone. I'm sleepy today. That's what I get for reading in bed until silly o'clock! My internal alarm clock always wakes me up early. I thought I'd had a nice long sleep, til I saw the time on the kitchen clock :bug: Then I went and did a load of cleaning. Must be coming down with something, lol, I'm paying for it now, yawning my head off as I type...

Two of my kittens have gone now :down: Their mum doesn't know yet and I can't look at her I feel so guilty. Callum was really upset when the second one was collected. He was all for going after her and was crying "my cat, my cat!" I'm a bad, bad mum :down: But, they've got their blankets, so that's a good thing, but I'm still quite sad about it. Number three goes tomorrow and we're still looking for a home for kitten number four.

You'd be proud of me Buzy, I;ve knitted a tea-cosy. It's from this month's LK. I didn't have any chunky yarn so I doubled up on DK and it looks big enough. I need to sew it up and stitch on some flowers, but it's done. Unfortunately, I don't have a tea-pot to model it..... I think I'll give it to my OH's granny. I'm sure her tea cosy is as old as I am ;-P

Hope you're all doing fine and enjoying your Sunday. It's quite wet here today so we're staying home.

x

H

You'd be proud of me Buzy, I;ve knitted a tea-cosy. It's from this month's LK. I didn't have any chunky yarn so I doubled up on DK and it looks big enough. I need to sew it up and stitch on some flowers, but it's done. Unfortunately, I don't have a tea-pot to model it..... I think I'll give it to my OH's granny. I'm sure her tea cosy is as old as I am ;-P

x

Well done angel. I'm very proud of you :-) You could always post a piccie of it even if it's not on a teapot. I'd love to see it. I'm just doing the flowers for a teapot beanie for a friend. it doesn't have the holes for the spout & handle so that's why it's a beanie. Somebody has ordered a teddy jumper too so I'm going to use the one in this months LK - it's just the right size & then another teapot jumper that's been ordered. My cardi/jacket hasn't had a single row done in the last couple of days :-S I know it's not an emergency but you know what our summer weather 's like!!!

Buzy

Congrats Buzy!!!! Shame about the picnic!!

Suz- Tell him to get his...you know what in gear!

Rc- I know what you mean!!!!!

Dee- Sounds nice! Topside of beef in the oven covered in seasoning surrounds by garlic, tatties and onion to go with a peppercorn sauce and trimmings....Can you tell i'm hungry he he he.

Sharon- sounds like a lovely day!!!

Angel- Rrrr well they have their blankies!!!

Need a banana recipe!!!!