The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

Its the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeekeeeeeeeeeeeeend!

Opps! Forgot to say earlier that I have received my alternative prize parcel from LK. A lovely big bundle of fun yarns from Abakhan. The girls took one look and put dibs on 2 of the 3 packs of yarn for stuff. I wouldnt mind but they had a look before I did, cos as I opened the pack there was a knock at the door and by the time Id got back they'd fished everything out and were divvying it up between them - cheek little whotsits :coolgrin:

Katy - Dee posted on another thread about receiving tickets as a prize but was giving them away as couldn't go. CB/LK sent her an alternative prize as she couldn't use the tickets which was very good of them :)

Katy you heard right, our hamsters are called Mouse and Mouse. Ellie named them and won't shift to a more sensible name :lol: She knows they're not mice though which makes it even more hilarious! Well done with HRM again, hopefully this is the start of something new.

Dee how wonderful to get more stash! Typical girlies though, I can just imagine the big grins as they talk you into what they want you to knit :cheese:

Hey everybody, how's your weekends going?

I've spent my day cleaning, tidying and sneezing. Some woman at work has been just about coughing her lungs up the last few days and kindly spreading her germs around the office. So I've got a lovely red nose and clogged up sinuses thanks to her. How very kind. Grrrrr! At least it's just sniffles, there's a lot of folk who are much worse off than me.

I've finished all my kitten blankets, so they kits are all snuggled up together on a cosy bed of blankets. Very cute :) I'll try to get a photo and post it up. One was meant to be leaving us today and I had myself all geared up for it, but the guy got in touch just after 2pm and asked if he could come on Monday night instead. Suits me, more cuddle time. Two are going tomorrow though :(

I'm glad you got someone to keep the hamsters Su2ie. I can never understand why people are squeamish about them or other animals. I'm an animal fan though, so unless looking after someone's pet involves feeding it dead mice, etc, I'll do it no probs!

I've decided to sign up to the knitting accountability system. I've set myself really small targets to start with, rather than setting myself up to fail from the off. Hopefully I'll not disgrace myself! lol!

Hi everyone,

I'm only catching up now, had no computer yesterday as it was in for repairs and anti-virus update, we had a minor car accident on the way home from town. No-one hurt TG just one of those annoying things that only looks like a few scratches till you go to the auto shop and they want €300!!

Anyway I put my big foot in my mouth apparently (again)... ever been like me? Everything I say lately is the wrong thing.

I was asked about an aspect of the accident and whatever way I answered was construed as though I believed we were partly to blame. Totally not true.

OH didn't speak to me for the whole day after a BLAZING row that even had the boys crying :red:

Things are only getting back to normal now and even still it's "picture with very little sound". I was so upset I didn't even go to knitting club last night, my only night out in the week, instead I holed up in the garage and sorted out the recycling... oh the joys of it.

As a result I feel like a waste of space, a slave to the house, children and him. I got no knitting of any real value done and I need a HUGE virtual crane to life me out of this black hole of depression I've just found myself mired in.

Sorry for the rant x