The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

Its the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeekeeeeeeeeeeeeend!

Morning all

well, saturday is here again, and i have ANOTHER weekend off - downside is that i am in all week to make up for it - bah!

Still, get some QT with my boys but the shops are so crowded!!!!

HRM actually got himself off to sleep last night, to be honest I got fed up! he was snoozy on my lap after his milk, but everytime he went into his cot he was wide awake, so I left him to it. He threw everything he had at us to guilt us about it - squeals (happy ones) squeals (not so happy ones) little wimpery cries, then eventually (around 8pm) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and he stayed zzzzzzzzzzz till about 7 am so really pleased with that. I think he may have been too warm in his sleepy bag as we put that back on him as it was chilly here, soon as that was stripped off him he was fine - am hoping for same result tonight too - might have to start setting the alarm!!!

I've got some little flowers out of this months LK to do, might get a few of them done today - they are for a friend at work who has been promoted from Usher, to Best (wo)man and the wedding it next week - her friends are dedicated Goths so the wedding is less than traditional, the main theme being black (of course) and white, so black and white flowers here we come. She wants obvoiously to look fabulous (she will anyway) but even more fab as she is now in the thick of it so to speak, and her ex will be there. I've promised her something no one else will have - tis true yeah?!

anyhoo have a good day everyone, maybe catch you all later

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning :-)

Oh Katy I do hope you post a pic of these flowers for your work friend. And well done with HRM as I know how difficult it can be to get them to go to sleep on their own. When Ellie was about 13 months old started to put her to bed awake. Would sing a few songs and then say goodnight and she then knew that following the songs it was time for sleep. Before this I had the same prob as you with trying to get her to sleep on my lap with milk then waking her when I put her down, spending hours trying to coax her to sleep only to have her wake every few hours! Better to let them learn to settle themselves then you will have more ME time and more knitting in the evenings time!

Well I don't think I will be around much today as I have loads to do ready for hols tomorrow as I haven't done anything yet. Might have been a bit more organised if it hadn't all been booked at the last minute! Now I can't find anyone to have the hamsters! Going to ring ferry co. and see if we can take them with us. Certainly won't be getting any knittind done today.

Morning all from the breezy South Coast. Not feeling brilliant so yet another easy day. I've a friend that wants me to dye her hair later but that is as energetic as I'm likely to get. Other than that a couple of light chores & knitty & sewy things.

Katy - Hope you've cracked HRM's settling problem. I always put my two down awake & rarely had a problem with them dropping off they just amused themselves - for which I was very grateful :-) Looking forward to seeing Goth flowers too. I do like a nice flower as you may have realised!! Every well dressed teapot should have a jumper sporting them!!

Susie - hols - yehhhhhhh!! It'll be worth all the rushing around packing etc. Sorry but not hamster people but could look after them "Virtually" for you if you like???!!

Off for a shower now. Have a good day all

:-)

Buzy

Hi Buzy - you rest up as the best medicine and of course lots of knitty time :-)

Hamster update - found boarding kennels and charging 20 euros for about 10 days which is what we would have given as a thankyou to a friend if one of them had said yes so I'm quite happy with that. Of course Buzy you can still look after them virtually :cheese:

Morning All you knitters!

Hope you all have a splendid day whatever you are all up to and are well. Weather good or not with you all?

Katynewknitter! Well done with the situation last night with your little one, you did very well and it is very hard I know, been there too. He slept very well though and that's a great sleep for such a young one! Just what they need! Enjoy your day hunny and tc!

Buzy! Sorry to hear you are not so good this morning, you take it easy and elax hun and hope you feel better soon!

Not sure we are doing as dull and drizzly here with us Fifers! Planning on taking our son to the cinema but, nopt found a babysitter yet, see wht the weekend brings. Need to pop into either superdrug or bots and get some glasses frame ordered too!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Hope you are all getting on okay here in the knitting section, any questions please ask either myself or any other Moderator, always happy to help out when needed!

Natalie xx

Susie - Glad you've found somewhere for the little furry things. They'll enjoy their hols too. What time 's your ferry tomorrow? How long does it take? Sorry just a bit nosey!! I don't like boats - I got seasick in a rowing boat on a boating lake when I was little. I was very green !!

Chris taken my car for a new tyre as it's flat so will have to wait for it to be fixed before I go to do friend's hair. Once that's done I know I don't need to go out again today.

Buzy