The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
angel8676

Thunderous Thursday

Morning all :-) It's bright & breezy here but rain is due later. Still lousy so not going out with my friend today :-S Head still achey but a little bit better. Managed to order some wool on line yesterday for my cardi/coat. It's sort of khaki green & only £1 a ball. They did have a purply mix yarn but it was £3 a ball. I'll make it up in the cheapie wool first & if it's lovely will splash out on the other yarn. Hopefully the green will go with most of the colours in my wardrobe. Just hope it will come soon :-)

Susie - hope you have a good day & not much longer till GOM has beaten nicotine nasties. When do you come over here on your hols?

Fiona - what a night you've had. Having a nap later?

Angela - the kitties will love their blankies I'm sure.

Everybody have a good day :-)

Buzy

It really is a lovely idea to send them blankets of their mothers scent and their own scent.

We found our kitten abandoned and poorly on the street...only scent on him we wanted to wash off!!! But our dog Lady (who HATES cats and was actually the one who found the kitten) took him in and mothered him! Still does. Bless!!! In fact the only reason Darren let me keep the kitten (Charlie) was cos Lady loved him and he loved her.

I can't tell you how much I was hoping no-one claimed him!!! They didn't deserve him for the state he was in at such a young age, which the vet agreed with - they were kind of saying don't bother searching for owner just keep it!

Our dog was abandoned in Leeds but found by the dog warden and taken to Dog's Trust. I seem to have a history of taking in abandoned animals!!

I do think that animals get on better when a young one is introduced as they are vulnerable and not a threat.

Lady and Charlie are so funny together, they play fight like 2 dogs, snuggle up and rub together, Charlie thinks he's a dog at times cos they sniff each others bums too!! But the funniest thing is when they communicate to each other...they both HATE the same cat on our street and whoever sees it first seems to let the other know and they are both warning it away from our house!! They also tell each other when we are coming home!! Charlie will be on the window sill, see us, then get up turn around and a few secs later...there's Lady!! So cute!!

Morning all, hope everyone has a lovely day. At work at the moment. Going to see the end of term school play tonight.

Angela - when our cat had kittens we ended up keeping 2 as I couldn't bear to part with them. Lovely idea knitting them comfort blankets for their new home.