The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamyknitter

Dietgirl gets a day off!!!

Oh thank you all for your lovely posts! You really are dolls :)

We had a smashing day but god almighty THE RAIN!!! Would have seen sooo much better if it was dry.

Anyway I digress...back to the more interesting topic of stash building :lol:

I was very restrained (proud smile) Fell in love with a really soft, autumnal shade of wool by J.C. Brett called Marble Chunky. Though it good value too at €5.40 for 200g (think that'd be about £4) Bought 4 balls of that, a crochet pattern book, some buttons (of course) and a gorgeous pair of bamboo handles (that I just have to make a bag for!)

Only bought undies in M&S! Carvery lunch in a garden centre (with summer berry pavlova with cream :-P ), town centre for a while but the rain took from it, and finally the Tipperary Design Centre - meadows&byrne;, blarney woollen mills, you know the sort -

Massive sales on everywhere but I just sat in the upstairs coffee dock watching the world go by over a mixed fruit tartlet and a cappucino and boy.....it was bliss! ;-)

Sounds like a good day Jennifer and great with the J Brett Marble - a shop in our town is selling it for E11.99!!! So I just left it on the shelf :-)

Yep and the rain has been honking today hasn't it? Sounds lovely though with all those coffees and cakes :cheese:

Yeah and they smoke in the shop too so the yarn smells! It sells fabric too so such a shame as you don't want to make yourself a pair of curtains only to hang them smelling of stale smoke, same with the lovely but pricey baby wool they had in there. Won't be going back >:( Will stick to the craft shop instead :-)