The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

wonderful wednesday

morning all

I'm poorly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick: I thought it was my hayfever but i reckon its a cold now - feel very low and bunged up. have rung in sick and when i mentioned i thought it was a cold the reaction was "oh thats fine, i'll mark you down" which is the normal response with just a touch of panic (we have had cases of Swine Flu!)

I'll be resting while OH takes HRM out to do my Avon book drop for me so will probably crack on with his hat

hope everyone is ok

Editted to add - I forgot to say yesterday, I have a friend who always takes the mickey out of my knitting, kind of almost hurtful comments, but then says she's joking. She put a comment on my facebook on Monday about the bright pink headband i'd done - saying she needed one in bright blue for a night out on friday - no offer to buy wool or anything - asking if it could be done?! Well, my reply on Tuesday was no, in a roundabout way - i pointed out the timescale (alot) and said I didnt have any bright blue wool, oh and she lives 50 miles away from me - knitting wise of course it could be done, but I guess I just didnt want to! cheeky mare!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning everyone :-) Was up early but did get a bigger bit of sleep all in one go for once :-) Bright & breezy here at the moment. I've nearly finished friend's Cerulean. I just need her to try the length before I add the cuff. So hopefully it will be finished today :-) I'm car less again as Chris' car tax still isn't here!! Mind you that'll give me more knitty time if I can't go out. Well brekkie & shower & then waiting for the post - hoping my LK may be here???

Katy - sorry you're poorly. Hope you feel better soon. Knitting is great medicine :-) Lovely of your OH to do Avon run for you. Cheeky friend too!!

Have a good day everyone :-)

Buzy

LOL Good for you Katy :lol:

Any chance you can get 'time out' from HRM just to look after yourself a bit and recover from your cold? Or will it be a case of dose yourself up to the eyeballs and get on with it, which is the lot of most Mums?

Weathers a bit here and there again today and ,despite the cloudiness yesterday, I managed to catch the sun, mostly on one forearm, but also on the back of my hand. Its where the splint has been. I had noticed that I was getting a tan line (actually a blob) from the splint but hadn't thought anything of it. Anyway, didn't have the splint on yesterday and didn't notice when the sun shone that the little patch of white on the back of my hand was getting burnt- it looks really odd! :cheese:

Spent the in-between bits of the sports day chatting with my niece(in-law) about knitting (oh! surprise %-P ) Shes a dabbler and had just cast on for a cushion cover and was stressing that she didn't have enough stitches/it wouldn't fit, so I sorted her out on that. Took my Tessa along and knitted while I watched. Lots of interest from the children (including one lad who kept asking why I was sewing(!) he had never heard of knitting and couldn't understand ti-still hes only 10 and Mum isn't exactly the 'craftiest' person in the world)

Off to see the old folks in a bit to show them the new car and pay back a bit of the money they lent me, so once the kids have (finally!) gone to school and Ive had a quick tidy - I'm off!

Hope everyone has a good one, repairs their ills and ends up with a smile

Remember to smile - it makes people wonder what you've been up to ! :cheese:

Morning all, and Katy and Sharon!

Sorry you're not feeling well Katy - well done for saying no to this woman and the headband :-) A relative of mine (not to be named!) asked me to knit her a Debbie Bliss cardi for her for Christmas and I told her she could knit it herself! One I don't have time for such a big project for someone else (too many cardis to knit for Ellie and and not the fastest knitter with big stuff so its not coz I'm mean!), two I've never even knitted myself a cardi and three it would cost me a fortune as she wanted it knit in recommended Debbie Bliss wool! Oh and I was expected to buy the pattern book for 10 euro too!!!!

Anyhoo, I was out to the beach yesterday afternoon and cast on the Hawaii cardi for Ellie then an hour after I got back I was out for a meal with the women from toddlers (I'd forgotten until I got home and saw text msg on my phone!) THEN when I got back really late and tried to reply to some of the posts on here (after midnight!) the tinternet packed up again!!!!!!!

Well its raining again today but might pop to town later and apart from normal pottering, playing with Ellie, knitting and housework, that's it for me today :cheese:

Just want to say that if you don't see me around much these next few days its because our stupid tinternet is STILL playing up. I'm currently not receiving emails, constantly restarting my pc and then the internet still doesn't work!!! Not sure why as the other day it was happening on my OH's pc too but the problems seems to have started since I upgraded to Internet version 8, wish I'd stuck with the old one now >:-(

Its times like this I do wish I new how to sort out pc problems but how can you when you apparently have full signal strength and excellent connectivity??? And what is a proxy setting, more like a poxy setting if you ask me >:(

Here goes and hoping this one actually posts - aaaarrrrggghhh!!!!!!