The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Terrific Thursday

I'm dancing in my head. I haven't got the energy for anything else, plus strappy sandals and hot feet aren't a good mix. Bleargh! :sick:

I hope your OH isn't milking it too much. If he keeps having a crafty one, I can't help but think you're right about prolonging the agony. I've never smoked either, but it makes sense to just stop and not go back, doesn't it? My dad smoked 60 a day in his youth and when he met my mother she said he had to give up else she wouldn't marry him. He gave up just like that and didn't even take a puff when she put one to his lips. That's giving up! Maybe cover him in nicotine patches or something. At least he's locked himself away so you can get some peace for a while.

Afternoon all. I'm MELTING!!!!!!!! Spent a couple of hours packing for my friend who's moving today cos she was nowhere near ready & just got in. Had a lovely morning with my Thursday friend (aka Heather). Had coffee in the shade in a tea garden & a quick rummage in a charity shop or two. Got a white teapot for my friend who's moving for £1 good as new. I'm going to do a teapot jumper for it & give it to her as a moving pressie. Had lunch at Heather's & a bit of knitting too before I went packing.

Need another shower now cos I'm soooo sticky.

Bye for now :-)

Buzy

Hi Guys!

Just in from work and having my usual cuppa - so you've probably all guessed no thunder today :gulp: Instead it's forcast for more tomoz :grrr: I'm trying not to get stressed about it though because it's gorgeous here today - not a cloud in the sky, brilliant sunshine and a welcome breeze :coolsmile:

Suzie I really simpathise with your OH. Try not to be too hard on him. Dee great news about the car. K&F sorry you've had a rubbish day. Hope you get your thunder soon but pleeeeeeese keep it away from here :lol:

Well I'm going to get my sheets in (they've been out since 5.45am so I think they might just be dry :lol: GOM couldn't get them in because of his ongoing chronic back pain 8-/

Talk later x

Well my GOM emerged from THE PIT OF GLOOM (Cue dramatic music) to apologise for being a grump then disappeared again with some iced water!

I am being very patient with him honest! I dare not be hard on him at all :gulp:

It keeps pouring with rain here but still so sticky and hot! Buzy I bet you just want to stand in a cold shower after such a busy day! If its still raining after Ellie is in bed then I might just stand out on the balcony and get wet!

If there's any chance of a rain dance working, I'll do it! I can cope with the heat, but my own hayfever's driving me nuts and it's horrible for poor Callum, who is so much worse than me and doesn't understand what's going on. The one thing guaranteed to knock pollen out of the air is rain, so bring it on (but please wait for my washing to dry)!

Annie, I love thunder storms. I get the impression you don't though. Hope you're not too spooked when your's arrives.

Su2ie, I think your OH needs a skelp round the lug T (smack round the ear-hole), as we say up here. Quitting must be difficult, but it's not your fault he smokes, it's his. Hope things get better soon. You should force him to learn to knit. That'll keep his hands and brain occupied :-P

Hey Angel he says its not his fault he smokes either! Apparently its peer pressure when he was a kid, his parents fault as they smoked around him and stress! I'm afraid I said to him I had all of those too but never took it up and he was none to pleased with that reply!

As much as I'd like to give him a skelp round the lug T I don't think it would work and then he would call me a hubby batterer and that would be another reason for him not to give up!!!!!!! I like that saying btw :-)

Sorry your hayfever going OTT too Angel, most of us are moaning coz of the heat but you have double trouble there :red: