The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Terrific Thursday

Hi everyone. It's absolutely roasting in Aberdeen again today. I'm at home today because Callum's hayfever is so bad that he looks as though he;s been in the boxing ring with Mike Tyson and it's not settling down much. I can't send him to the childminder in that state, it wouldn't be fair on either of them.

It's so hot that thee wee man has spent the day in just a nappy and I'm wearing as little as decency allows. And I'm still melting!

x

oh suzie - it's not fair being like that with you, i realise he's trying and for some people it is very difficult especially if they don't really want to give up (my hubby for example :-/ ) they don't realise what they're being like but it's still not fair esp. as you have been supporting him through it...really hope he can get through this difficult patch for all of your sakes and just keep going until them nasty nicotine blighters are gone... :-S

I think we should change the name of this thread to terrible Thursday. How can a day go down hill so quick? Our loo at home has decided to break. The floaty thingy broke of its arm then the arm broke off whatever it was attached to so water was just constantly running! Thank goodness I'm here at work. The OH has been sorting it out, (he keeps phoning me with blow by blow updates :-/ ) but 'cos the plumber was over an hour late coming he couldn't get to the estate agent to sign the mortgage papers and they now can't fit us in 'til next Thursday. Aaaaaaaargh!!!!! :shut:

That's it, I'm going outside to do a rain dance. I want my thunder!!!!

Hey K&F I think Angel might appreciate a rain dance too! Oh hope you day goes better - was going to suggest some quick fixes for the Loo but sounds like its all in hand!

Emmilou I wouldn't mind so much but he actually doesn't think I offer him much support and when I do find the right words to say he asks what's wrong with me and who have I been speaking to!!!! Can't win :-S Thing is we have been here many, many, many times before so this time I'm trying to go with the flow and just keep out of his way where I can as in my experience a smoker trying to give up will find any excuse to fall off the wagon so to speak :coolsmirk:

Oh Su2ie, good luck with your OH! He must be going through the mill, but at some point he needs to start acting like a human again. There's only so much you should have to put up with. Men eh! :roll:

Well I've done my rain dance (well, in my head anyway!) and eaten an ice cream. I'm glad I won't be going home to a broken loo. Plus my shoulders are happy enough for a few low-key rows of knitting, yay! So I'll switch on a bit of tennis when I get in, put my feet up with a glass of wine - if there's any left by the time I get home - and do a few rows in front of the telly. :) Apparently the rain is coming over night tonight, so I'm looking forward to waking up to torrents with lightning and everything! :cheese:

Must admit K&F its too hot to do any sort of dance!

Well himself is now in the bedroom and wants to be left alone. Okey dokey then! He might start being human sooner if he didn't keep having a smoke every other day! The way I look at it is he's just prolonging the agony. But then not being a smoker myself then I guess I can't really say that!

Just having a tidy up before cooking tea then once Ellie is in bed I will also be doing knitting - just got to finish the button bands on the preemie cardi, sew up and I'm done on that one :-)