The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
MaggieJay

Got issue 2 today!

I feel the same way about the children projects! Cos not all crafters are mothers. I think its like a fashion sew magazine and a home sew mag mixed into one.

I think that the Sew team have the formula just right. Out of the 12 projects in this months magazine (16 including the four cover pattern Avril projects) only 3 of the patterns are for children. The boys board shorts, which I was ecstatic to see by the way, as magazines usually just cater for the sugar and spice Princesses in our lives apart from the odd appliqué motif T-shirt and pull on shorts :roll: to appease those of us with little puppy dogs tails in our lives. The other project is the utterly sweetest baby sun hat I've seen in a long time (can't wait to download the free reversible Childs sunhat to go with the board shorts when they have been added to the downloads) and the monthly Cool For Kids feature. This month featuring how to embellish a shop bought reusable shopper. I think that this feature is useful not just for kids but those young at heart too; just like me ;-) this month’s ice cream and lolly ice appliqués are an ideal introduction to appliqué for newbie sewers and more experienced alike. They could be easily adapted to be sewn onto a t-shirt or the bottom of a pair of jeans or even used in cardmaking and with retro, kitsch and vintage being all the rage at the moment you could make some fab projects with it.

So please don't be put off thinking that it is full of children's projects because it isn't. I even think actually that they could get away with adding one or two more, would make a nice change actually. After all most of us have at least one little darling in our lives (or monster in my case at times when Pickles discovers that we are out of his Weetabix :bug: ) be it our Children, Grandchildren, Nieces, Nephews, friends Children, for Charity etc. I shall be back again later to harass you all once more with what else is in this months issue I need to track down some Weetabix....later ;-)

OH MY GOD, NO WAY COULD I DO THAT, but thanks for the link Ickle i am still new to dress making and working with patterns the right size is hard enough for me, let along cutting it and re-sizing it.

Sarah x

Ohhhhh How exciting for you! I look forward to getting this issue as I only just bought the First issue the other day and I am LOVING it, there are some things in it I would love to try but, just simple projects. i am a novice myself as any stitching that I do is very basic stitches and onto cards realy! Would be a big plunge for me to try something advanced xx

When is it available in the shops? I am getting into sewing and trying to get my mam back into it as she is a brilliant seamstress but never does much sewing anymore, i am convincing her to get a new machine too he he...we have been making a dress lately, may have it finished by monday, I will post it when we are done, its a yummy amy butler pattern :)

Aims x