The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Torrential Tuesday

Oh dear, I felt such a nit but it's been OK. They're editors, so important people from The Outside that I haven't met before. Fortunately they're all down to earth and there's a least one well-worn corduroy jacket with elbow patches, so I wasn't that out of place. And I don't have to stay for the boring bits, so just sashayed in over lunch and did a lot of schmoozing. The down side is the meeting room is right by my desk and as we have glass walls here they can still see me! Maybe I should dress a bit smarter for work from now on - just in case any other meetings I've forgotten about are lurking ready to catch me out! :red:

Not a problem I had when I worked in the Jobcentre - smart casual, but no Jeans.

The only time we were allowed jeans was on jeans for genes day and then we had to put big posters up informing the 'customers' so that they wouldnt be offended! Talk about political correctness. The last year I was there we werent even allowed to put Christmas decorations up in the public area in case we upset or offended someone

I did use to keep a skirt in my desk drawer tho, just in case I got soaked on my walk into work/poured coffee down myself or somesuch. :roll:

I've just had a MASSIVE splurge at Kemps' sale to cheer myself up. :cheese: I think it's going to triple my stash in one go - oops! I've got loads of different colours so I can knit some of the Odd Bods from my birthday book.

Oh, that reminds me, I have a technical question for you all: I've got an instruction in a pattern and I don't understand what the backward loop bit means. This is what it says: "cast on 2 sts using the backward loop method, with RS facing, ..." Now in the back of the book it gives you all the instructions of how to cast on (thumb and cable method), how to knit and purl and how to increase and decrease. It mentions loops on the increase page (make 1 left and make 1 right) - do you think the pattern is referring to that, rather than casting on? I'm confused! :-S

Oooh K&F I've never heard of the backward loop method! Ooooh STASH though :-)

I used to like days at work where you were allowed to wear your jeans (very strict dress code in all my jobs for some reason!) but it used to make me a bit cheekier than normal!

Hi everyone else who posted after my last post that I might not have said hello to yet :cheese:

Well back from town, saw some bunnies - got some 19mm needles (was after 20 but hey ho!), spent a fortune on nicotine patches and back for a rest - well hopefully! Despite drizzle I didn't wear my coat as its still too humid and sticky and I felt like my jeans were plastered to my legs by the time I got home :-S

OH still in bed!!!! Gonna leave him there then slap a patch on him when he emerges :cheese: