The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Manic Monday

Afternoon everyone. Well the central heating engineers turned up at 7.45 a.m. as promised so I'm at work out of the way. Took the cat to the vets on the way. Waiting for a call to let me know that everything went well and I can pick her up. Hopefully that will coincide will be finishing work at 3 p.m. to save another trip out later. Hope we'll have some sort of water tonight. Son's got gym and daughter's got guides so I'll be a taxi again tonight. Will manager to get some knitting done whilst waiting though.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day.

Afternoon everyone, have managed to go for a walk and get a few more rows done on my scarf. It's looking lovely, but is still a way off being finished. I'm using 3mm needles, hence why it's taking so long to do something relatively straight forward.

Now tucking into a slice of bakewell tart from our canteen - the last one they had - yum yum! :cheese:

hi everyone

thanks for the ant tip dee and katy, we've got a really bad infestation at the mo, have been using nippon and deathlac but they seem to be hardy little blighters... >:(

hope everyone who's been a bit iffy gets better soon

hope your OH sticks with the plan, susie

hope the bakewell tart was yummy, K&F... :-)

We have ans in our conservatory too - Freya hates creepy crawlies now. She didn't used to but her cousin passed her terror onto her!!!

Hey just realised I've got another cupcake & I'm a senior. :-) :-) :-) Will celebrate with my other wheat free scone & have a cream tea later. Off for a lie down as soooooo hot & I'm soooooo tired.

Bye for now.

Buzy :)

ooh, busy so have i...yippee!! :-)

we have tried to teach the kids about not killing God's creatures so feel extremely guilty for using the really bad stuff, but the ants are everywhere, no joke!! :long:

anyhoo, have a good rest, busy and hope everyone's afternoon goes well...TTFN, i'm just off to make the tea... sweet potato and spinach curry with sweetcorn rice, YUM!! :-P

Well done Buzy and emmilou on your extra cupcakes. They seem harder to get on here, so well done for getting them! :cheese:

I'm going cross-eyed here checking work stuff on screen. Might have to go for a quick wander for some eye-focus readjustment. It's doing my head in as someone has changed all the US spellings to UK spellings, even on the words we don't have in the UK. Anyone heard of "securitisation"?!?!?!!! :-S (No offence to our US friends, where "securitization" is a perfectly acceptable word!) :)