The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Manic Monday

Hello? Is it Monday already? Is it really morning? Am I dreaming or did I really get up at some point and drive to work? Did someone mention that magic word coffee? Think I'll got and find some...

BTW, sorry in advance if I'm in a grump today. Had knots in my shoulders for 3 days now from knitting and have the head from hell. Grump grump grump. Where's a hunky masseuse when you want one. :shut:

well, i went downstairs to say hi to the boys................... and they are fast off!

so have silently got my yarn, needle case and this months LK and have already cast on for Cerulean!!!!

got the windows open upstairs and am chilling on the bed, knitting with the dog sitting beside me - isnt this what holidays from work is about?!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh my, we're all feeling sorry for ourselves today! Hmm I still have a bad head so send your masseuse to me when you're done K&F!

Aww Katy, well know the trials of the post baby body that refuses to spring back into shape :long: Hope your lulu wasn't too far along when you frogged it! Enjoy knitting your Cerulean :-)

Hey Buzy, I still want to go back to bed, especially as the ironing and bathing Ellie have left me hot and bothered. Hope you get your energy back soon too.

The OH is sort of off and on the nasty sticks btw and having a real struggle 8-/

Dee - Ellie has had a jippy tummy too so wonder if its something in the air as well? Hope your girls are feeling better.

Liz - def sounds like your fella has heat stroke/exhaustion and Dee's advice is sound. Hope he's feeling better soon too.

Right, finish sorting Ellie and then I'm off for a shower too and hopefully to town and the park, with knitting in tow before it gets too hot!

Su2ie- you've got to be so careful in the warm weather- food goes off so quickly! Anything could have set her off- just make sure she drinks plenty. Squash and flavoured waters are great - but pace her cos if she drinks too much too fast thats bad too! :roll: My two were fine this morning after their bouts in the bathroom - so I think that it was just something they ate yesterday saying it wasnt happy and leaving asap.(I've been fine which is why I think it was something they had whilst out with Daddy)

Katy - try putting some bleach and water in a spray bottle and spraying around the outside of your doors. It breaks the scent trail the ants use to find their way around and so they wont cross it and come in.

I had a problem last year with flying ants in my bedroom (the old dining room) and I found that once I put a little bleach down the hole they were using, they went elsewhere ;-P

Hey Dee thanks for that although with these things its not always easy to identify the culprit and I can't think what she might have eaten that's been out of the fridge too long etc. She's not been sick, just a bit dodgy the other end and she also has a bunged up nose and keeps sneezing so not sure if that's related.

Great tips about the ants. In one house we once had a nest in the wall in the garage and it was horrible when the flying ants left the nest. We hadn't long moved in and the whole of the back wall of the garage had been bodged with some dodgy insulation and they'd nested in it - disgusting!!!

I have a top secret plan to tell you all. It's cheered me up considerably! :cheese: We've planned a spot of low-key yarn bombing in the office! There's a very big teapot in our team (holds 8 pints) and the owner will be rather peeved to find a lovely knitted tea cosy on it, tee-hee, but the rest of the team will find it hilarious! Can't wait to see it when it's finished! (I'm not knitting it, just in on the plot). We have to measure it first without the owner seeing. I'll try and get a piccy of the finished article when the deed is done.

Shh, it's top secret, don't tell anyone! :cheese: :lol: