The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Buzyknitting

Cerulean Fashion Show

hi everyone

well, thats 5 of us now that i know of with the colours theme...hee hee!! :cheese:

i looked at the pattern this morning and i reckon i'll be able to make it for amber (oldest daughter) once i've finished the SK shrug

By the way Suzie and Buzy what yarn did you use? Also I don't have 6mm needles just 6 1/2mm. I am a tight knitter and usually go up a needle size so will the 8mm be big enough do you think? What sized did you do? Sorry about the Spanish inquisition but I'm starting to feel the urge to knit it :roll:

Annie - I used a Dk Acryic with a little bit of wool in it not much wool as it was only £1.55!! I did the smallest size. It said 8/10 but I'm a 10/12 really but am narrow across my back. I measured it against myself when I got to the length of the smallest size & it was ok so I then added the second cuff. As to needle size - I'm one of those annoying people that has perfect tension :red: I can't remember the last time I had to do anything on different sized needles. *mm may be ok but maybe you need to do the dreaded "Tension square". Sorry :down: You could do the cuff of the size you want & then do the amount of sts for the next size up on 8mm & see how it comes out. If it's not too tight do the required length for you (just measure it) which may not be the length on the pattern anyway. Hope this helps??

It's easy to do so have a go Annie & then you can join our Cerulean fashion show!! BTW us Cerulean supermodels have high fees for photos :lol:

Buzy :)

hi everyone

just a quick one as i'm on my way to kickboxing...just to say thanks for the reply suzie and really sorry to keep typing your name with an s and not a z.... it's like my brain didn't register the 2 as a z until i saw your PM :red: ...will get it right from now on...lol!! :lol:

anyhoo, will try to get on later, have a good evening everyone...TTFN :cheese: