The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

Sensational Saturday

Jake's a lovely name. How much of your Cerulean have you got to do? Then it's on to Jake's things. Have you got some free patterns for the things you want to knit?

Think we're having omelette & salad tonight. Too hot to cook & not that hungry. Will do Chris some potato wedges to go with his. He's swim training at the moment & won't be back till 8.30ish. Before his session tonight he helps train children with extra needs to swim ......... very amusing at times apparently but he enjoys it.

BTW how's OH doing today? Hope he's got "back on the bike" so to speak

Bye for now.

Buzy :) :lol:

Well Buzy, I'll get the OH out of the way first, he fell off the bike last night, got back on today and I think he's planning on falling off again tonight. Nuf said I reckon :zip:

Not too much of the cerulean to do now, about 10-15cm of the lattice bit then the cuff :-)

Hunted the net for patterns and have a few, including one for "normal" sized babies that is in aran weight so I might do that in DK and smaller needles to downsize it :)

Have to agree too hot to cook but still don't know what to have! Oh and your Chris sounds so healthy! Puts us lot to shame. Mind you I feel like I may have lost a few pounds as I have done more walking for the past few weeks :-)

Jake is a lovely name. How heavy was he when he was born. My nieces are finally over the stone mark and they are 4 months old now.

The body warmer sounds a perfect knit, quick and easy. Can i ask what cerulean is? Never heard of it and it sounds interesting.

OH is going to go the chip shop for his tea and get me a bag of chips as i plan to have a peppered quorn steak. Yum!!

Watching Murray at the minute. Has inspired me to have a go on Wii sports after he has finished his match.

Some dolly patterns are the right size for preemies. I got a couple in our local cheepie shop - but they're a bit girlie :-) Some of the preemie stuff is done in thick yarn which I feel is too bulky for their tiny bodies. I know they need to be kept warm but don't know how comfortable they are. Just want them to be in something soft & snuggly .Aaaahhhh !!

Won't be long till you've finished your shrug. Was going to get Chris to take a piccie of me in mine but not looking my best today so may do it tomorrow if I haven't wilted in the heat :lol:

Sorry OH has fallen off the bike but he did get back on. Hoping & praying he doesn't fall off again tonight - he'll be very sore!!!

Off to do the salad now.

Buzy :)

Sounds like you've all had a busy day. Well done Su2ie and Emmilou with the wool shopping.

I've not left the house today (busy emptying loft) but managed to end up with loads of new yarn. Found a black bin liner full of yarn didn't know I'd got and a UFO (the pattern to which I can't find) and which I've now frogged to get myself 500grm of Patons South Pacific (bet they don't make that any more).

Finally getting a sit down and some knitting done.

Have a good evening everyone.

Sharon - you must be pooped after all that clearing in this heat. You deserve a sit down & time to do some knitty stuff. :-) What a bonus finding some more stash too. What sort of wool have you frogged as I don't recognise the name. 500g should make something nice.

I haven't done much except acupuncture & a couple of easy chores - oh & knitting of course as I am determined to sing tomorrow & so have been saving my energy. It's going to be hot again & I'm not good in the heat let alone the "Power Surges" that women of a certain age get !! I've done a bag now just need to do embellishing & the lining & try & find some handles.

Enjoy your evening. Bye for now!

Buzy :)