The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

Sensational Saturday

Or Swim to work saturday, if yesterday's weather is anything to go by!!!!

Its my last day at work - hoooooooooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! i feel absolutely awful, but if I were to ring in sick, it would be really obvious, so I'm going to struggle in and just sit there sniffling. Besides, if we go a walk later you can bet your last pound I'll see someone from work!!!

We had a Nintendo WII yesterday (there are other gaming consoles available, which are also wonderful) and had so much fun last night - particularly liked the boxing ;-)

am so looking forward to a week away from work, I shouldnt feel like it, as peeps cant help breaking down, but some of them are seeming so rude/helpless/bereft of common sense the last couple of days its untrue, although I accept I may have a shorter fuse due to not feeling well.

have a lovely day everyone, I've finished phase 1 of the challenge piece i'm doing, although I may change my mind yet!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning Katie. :-) Sorry to hear your feeling poorly today :-S Are you leaving work completely or just having a week off? You said it was your last day at work & then it will be nice to have a week off work - sorry but I'm a bit confused at this time in the morning :lol: Anyway hope you have a good day. I think I've got my challenge thing sorted .......... but then have second thoughts!!!

Have a nice day everyone whatever the weather. Grey here but not sure how warm it is. Will find out when I go for my acupuncture in a while. Hope it will help to recharge my batteries so I can sing tomorrow. Will be taking it easy today & hope to post some FO's later.

Have a good day everyone :-)

Buzy :)

Morning Katy & Buzy and everyone else!

Ooh Katy you will be relieved to get your week off, especially feeling ill!

Buzy - hope the needles of a different sort help you this morning!

Its still fairly bright here but there are a few ominous clouds drifting down over the mountains (just checked out the window!) so no doubt its going to rain later. Plan to take a walk to town and go wool shopping - as if I need any more! Oh and look for a zip. Just hope my hand sewing is up to scratch as sewing machine still in the UK :long: If the weather holds out might do bunny watch in the park. Do they come out when its raining?

Whatever you're doing have a good day!

Good morning everyone!!

Katy, hope you get to feeling better soon and enjoy your time off, you sound like you need it.

Su2ie, Wool shopping, can't beat it. All that lovely wool, so little to spend!!! Damn bills get in the way!!!

Bit overcast here in Leicestershire and I really hope it does not rain as we are having our Heart of the Forest Festival today.

Having my haircut this morning (OH not happy as he thinks it is already short enough!) but we go away on holiday next weekend and i want it done before we go. Need to go shoe shopping as well this morning as my work shoes broke, I have other ones but they don't support my feet as well and that impacts on my knee.

Had a power cut last night so was woken up by the alarms in the street going off. Hope my freezer is ok. The fridge items are so thats good.

Didn't do any knitting last night as spent most of the time looking for cheap holiday deals. We had to cancel the last one we had booked for the same time as we thought that OH might have interviews with various shipping agencies and they may clash. So on the hunt for a cheap week in Cyprus or Greece.

Enjoy your day.

Good morning all

Once again woke early (7.20am) >:( Well at least I got a bit of 'me' time before GOM got up. I managed to do some knitting and I'm now nearly finished the second sleeve of cardi. I'll have 3 balls of wool left - that Sirdar calico goes a very long way. I've worked out that 3 balls are enough to knit my grandaughter a cardi as well- these Havana's are breeding :ohh: Next job is to ice the chocky cake and then cook a gammon joint and make potato salad for tomoz.

Katy I've got one week of work left then I've got a week off :coolsmile: I really need it.

Have a good day everyone! ;-)

Oh and Su2ie, I apologise for not replying to your question on last nights post, but we had difficulties with internet and would only allow one computer to be connected at any one time so we had to shut down mine and use the OH's (he didn't want to clutter his browsing history with lets knit. How rude).

The problem with my knee is that i have a piece of bone coming off that has damaged the surrounding cartilage and they are going to try and pin back in place or remove it. I've had the problem since i was a child but after much mis-management I am having something done now (finally)!