The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
knittingporky

Wonderful Wednesday.

I'm a great fan of camping so reckon it'll be OK. I'm giong to pick up the tent tomorrow - nothing like leaving it until the last minute! As for finery, I'm going out tomorrow morning to try and find something to wear. None of my dresses fit me seeing as I now look like a space hopper! I've got a suit but it's far too hot for that, though I could get away with it as it's a linen mix. I've never met the people getting married - nor has my OH! I imagine that won't stop me from crying though - I'm such a soft sod, especially at weddings! I'll be even worse knowing that the next wedding I attend will be my own!!

I've put weight on everywhere so I'm not like the swollen piglet the Wii Fit would have me believe, I still look like me, just bigger everyewhere! Keep saying I'm going to lose it but need to find my resolve and actually do something about it.

Oh I love catching up with friends like that. So lovely just to sit and chat (and have a good old moan too!!) and I always feel so relaxed afterwards. I hope you have fun! The shrug seems to be the most popular from LK this month - I think it's up there with the Havana in terms of popularity! I know they're both on my list for when I get some money!

Aw, when are you tying the knot Littlemiss? I cry at weddings too - think most people get a bit soppy one way or another! How come you don't know either bride or groom - are you gate-crashing?!! ;-P I've supposedly got 2 more this year to attend, although they're being very slow getting invites out. Don't want to go to either. I've kind of had enough of weddings, especially since mine was cancelled behind my back while I was in hospital. Still haven't really forgotten that. :-/

Oh no that's terrible. You poor thing. ((hugs)) I can imagine that would put you off weddings for life.

Mine is August 28th in Las Vegas!!

The one at the weekend is a distant relative of OH's stepmum (but she's never met them either!!) so yes I'm maybe crashing it a little bit because there'll be a free three course meal!!

You've definitely got the right idea. My dress is stuck in OH's wardrobe (my wardrobe is way too small to fit it in) waiting to be worn. It needs about a foot cut off the bottom too as it's miles too long for me. Mind you, when I do get it altered, I'll probably keep the length at the back to make a sort of mini train! :cheese:

Hmm, just had a wicked thought. As these things are only ever worn once I could have it shredded after the event into satin ribbon yarn and knit it into something different - ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! :lol: