The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

happy Tuesday!

Morning all, just been catching up - lots of lovely FO's!

Glad to know that flowergirl/jemiminapuddleduck is ok, just busy - phew!

I returned from work yesterday to a present from the Retentions manager of another magazine I subscribe to - scissors, a knitting bee, some buttons, pins and a tape measure - all to thank me for subscribing! have tried on the website to put up a thank you, but there's no section to do that, but i am very grateful!

Off to work today, then rest day tomorrow, then on the count down to my final 3 days before a whole week off! cant wait, am really feeling it now!

Am plodding on with Lulu and my make for the challenge, am adapting an FO, but still out of the same ball of wool, hopefully will get it finished in time! Lulu, i'm not sure about. When I bought the yarn it was to be in a stripe with another yarn so the colour was ok. On its own, however, it seems a bit, well, how do I put it? Beige. I am going to choose some contrasting buttons and ribbon for the bow to try and life it, am going to take it with me tomorrow and try and get some ribbon, it will have to be a contrast, there's no way ribbon would be made this colour!!!

any how, hi ho, hi ho - catch you all later!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning guys n gals! Its hot and sunny here today, and I've laready managed to squeeze in a few extra rows of my twist kimono cardi on the bus this morning. Hayfever is however playing up and making my sinuses hurt (is this normal? Ive never had it affect me like this before) but it does mean Im all snuffly :-S

Its gonna be a long day cos tuesdays is staff meetings but despite wishing I was still in bed (feeling a little bit sorry for myself I admit) hopefully it'll be a good day and I'll get some extra knitting in :)

Have a good day everyone :)

Morning Katy and Dark and everyone else, I'm having a day at home today and I'm not going to spend it doing housework. I'm going to catch up on some sleep and knit. Have a great day everyone.

Morning all........ is it really morning? Had 2 1/2 hrs sleep last night.......... I hate the insomnia from my fibro :-S Was thinking of the challenge at 2.30 this morning!!!!!! I've a couple of ideas just need to raid my stash after I've gone back to bed for a bit.

Angel - hope your hayfever improves quickly.

Sharon - enjoy your knitty day :-)

Katy - not long to your week off now!!

Bye for now............

Buzy :)

Morning everyone!

What a lovely surprise Katy - they obviously value their customers :) Roll on your weeks holiday I say!

Dark sorry you're feeling rotten - I can't imagine how horrible it must feel having hayfever, its one allergy that thankfully passed me by. (enough to cope with wheat & milk!) sounds like the kimono is coming on a treat :-)

Sharon have a fun day relaxing and knitting and NOT doing housework :cheese:

Well I've posted the pics of my challenge piece and now I've cast on for the cerulean shrug - it will be the first shrug I've knit for myself so I'm looking forward to it :-)

Wish me luck also as the OH is giving up smoking from today. He has tried in the past and becomes very difficult to live with, especially as I don't smoke and never have so he always goes on about how I couldn't possibly understand what he's going through. Well no I don't but it doesn't mean I can't be supportive. Really hope he manages to do it this time so fingers crossed xx