The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
janelizbeth

janey

thankyou everyone for all the help. I can now finish off my daughters jacket and then start on my other two unfinished topics. am on a mission at the minute as want to get the things dealt with before the summer holidays. like most of you i have a stash of wool which i am gradually working through. I use to knit years ago and then too many other things got in the way. last february I decided to start again as i spend so much time waiting around for my daughter at, dancing, swimming etc. so all my items come form waiting around time. I love all the aspects to each piece apart from like many the tension squares and to be truthful the finished product until about a month afterwards and then i start to like it again. I have just done a few items from the midas touch rowan catalogue. the venus tunic which I made longer into a dress in the gold. then the other day i went to a place called emmaus and managed to bag myself 6 up to date RY books. he was only charging me £1 for each so i gave him £15 for all of them, (Emmaus is a charity for those who find living in our society difficult) as they are that much each anyway. so I have plenty to go one with. I am still obsessed with buying more and more wool though. then of course three months ago i discovered kemps wool and that was it. Just where can you store all these things. I have evn got enough wool to make a coat for this coming year. Right off now to do jobs. Having an endoscopy this afternoon which will be good for the waist line. take care all . I am going to get my son to teach me how to use this ofrum properly if he ever stays in for more than two mins that is. x

Hi Jane, waiting around for daughter and son at various things (Guides, Brownies, dancing, footie, gym, tennis, basketball, you name it mine seem to do it) is what started me off knitting again. I'd not knitted since daughter was a toddler but sat in car bored for an hour at a time I decided I'd got to do something with the time so I got the needles out again and have not looked back. Can't believe I wasted all those years. Not only am I not bored now but I'm also doing something productive.

Wow Jane - it certainly sounds like you've been busy with the knitting and please oh please post a pic of your gold dress!!!! Would love to see it :-) and the other stuff to!

Most of my knitting is done in the evening as I have Ellie around me but I'm sure when she starts school I will be doing the same as you and Sharon and taking it with me whilst I wait for her to finish her various clubs :cheese:

Good luck with the endoscopy and hope its not too painful :)

Hi Jane I'm Fiona and well i have not been on like I usually am as decorating and looking after two under two's... I usually do my knitting during their lunch nap or evenings.. But no knitting for me till I have got this place done!!!!! Anyone know a FREE decorator!!! Anyway well got to do the boys lunch but nice to meet and I'm with su2ie on seeing that dress!!!!!

Take care Fiona