The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
DarkAngelKnits

Monday Morning

Hi Buzy, I'm having another go at the Cerulean too. The last one I ran out of wool! This time I'm doing a basic black acrylic. It's kind of a present for me, but also a test run for doing a surprise one for a friend. She needs a brown one for a wedding in the autumn, so I thought I'd get this done (hopefully) before I see her on Wednesday night and then make another in the brown she needs.

Littlemiss, good luck tomorrow! I'll keep my fingers, arms, legs, toes, eyes and needles crossed for you! :cheese: Don't worry about the trousers too much. I had to do that once and it was a shock to the system. Fortunately it turned out it was diet-related (in that I was eating stuff that made me ill and blow up like a balloon) so once I knew what to avoid I lost it all within 6 months and took great delight in giving them to my pregnant neighbour to wear! Plus they were probably a really bad cut to start with!!! :cheese:

Love2knit, hope you find your energy soon. I find just standing up and stretching can help. Really low impact if you're not up to much and makes you feel better instantly. Take care of you today and be kind to yourself.

I've been naughty this morning and had a wonderful yarn splurge! Oh bother, just remembered I was going to check the bank balance first. Eeek, I hope it's OK! I just couldn't wait! I've ordered some Wendy EMU Superwash to do a cute little tank-top thing and Sirdar Luxury Soft Cotton DK for that funky flower vest thing in this month's LK. Spent ages trying to find the Sirdar cheaper and eventually got it. If you want to know where from, PM me and I'll let you know. Not risking putting it in the post in case I get spanked! :red:

Thank you for your good wishes. I never used to be phased by interview prospects but this will be my first 'proper' job i.e. one with a salary and not paid by the hour, so I'm nervous about this one. I'm not holding out much hope though as there are bound to be people more qualified than me etc. Hopefully I'll treat it like my driving test - be convinced that I've failed 30secs in and then just relax and enjoy it! I've applied for loads of jobs but this is the one I really really want and it's bloomin typical it's the first interview I get called for - no chance to improve my interview skills! Though I did watch the Apprentice so reckon I'll take a few leaves out of their books!

I'm glad I'm hearing good things about the Cerulean shrug - it's next on my list and I could do with a quick knit as these dungarees seem to be taking forever!

Fiona - I am so impressed - seems like you've done a ton of decorating in very little time AND got two kiddies running around. No wonder you're tired now!

My OH's best friend has just popped into the office as her boyf proposed at the weekend!! And now I have to not tell my OH and wait for her to either come back tot he office later, or come over tonight! Can't stop smiling though so he's bound to know something's up!! I'm so excited for her and have to contain it for the rest of the day. Darn! I'm telling you all on here instead but please don't tell my OH!!

Su2ie - the Havana doesn't take long to do in Laurens size. I started it on Saturday (about lunchtime) and, even with only an hour or two to knit yesterday after the ratbags had gone to bed, Ive already done the back, both sides of the front and one sleeve, so once shes gone off tomorrow, I can settle down to some serious knit time. ;-)

Love2knit - did your implant things work themselves out or do we get the pastel 4 ply out and start doing booties? or is it still unresolved, been thinking about you.

Buzy - dark lime??? that's a contradiction isn't it? I really cant picture the colour :-S Am i being thick?

and

Littlemiss - keep up with the heels. I cant wear heels and never have as my ankles dislocate too much and if I'm in anything that's higher than completely flat I end up doing all sorts of damage to the joints :sick: (and usually flat on my face!!) :red:

Knitwit - mine have all came when they say they will!!! So they are usualy quite good!!!! Have you just suscribed??? If so you will get the July issue i think?!?!?! And I don't think that is due yet?? Couls be completely wrong!!!!

No love2knit this is my third mag of the subscription and all have gone missing. I live in Ireland so I would have expected a little delay compared to you all but not this much. Hopefully it will come soon.

Su2ie - the Havana doesn't take long to do in Laurens size. I started it on Saturday (about lunchtime) and, even with only an hour or two to knit yesterday after the ratbags had gone to bed, Ive already done the back, both sides of the front and one sleeve, so once shes gone off tomorrow, I can settle down to some serious knit time. ;-)

Love2knit - did your implant things work themselves out or do we get the pastel 4 ply out and start doing booties? or is it still unresolved, been thinking about you.

Buzy - dark lime??? that's a contradiction isn't it? I really cant picture the colour :-S Am i being thick?

and

Littlemiss - keep up with the heels. I cant wear heels and never have as my ankles dislocate too much and if I'm in anything that's higher than completely flat I end up doing all sorts of damage to the joints :sick: (and usually flat on my face!!) :red:

Dee - I don't want a light lurid lime green - the sort of darker green you get on a lime fruit. Is that more help? Why do I describe my colours like fruit? Nutty as a fruit cake that's me :lol: If anyone sees dk in these colours or a deep burnt orange (fruit again)!!! can you let me know please? Off to look at Kemps to see if they've any bargain cols for me.

Bye!!

Buzy :)