The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
DarkAngelKnits

Monday Morning

Morning everyone!

Well as I was talking with Dark until late I'm not quite with it yet either and I was initially up at 4am awoken by the OH getting ready for work.

Think I will have to look to see if Kemps have lowered their costs for sending over to Ireland yet Sharon as it sounds like you got some lovely bargains :-)

Well Dee - I didn't see any fairies either but then I was going a bit cross-eyed trying to do my knitting challenge piece. Wow Dee it sounds like you can knit really fast too with the time scales you've given yourself for the havana!

Forgot to say yesterday but the craft shop now has in sirdar crofters, a white bamboo, and other sirdar yarns so their stock seems to be increasing nicely. Just bought a couple of cheap balls of acrylic that took my eye though for a cardigan for Ellie. Come the OH's payday though I think I will be back in there :cheese:

Finished the hat for my no2 son so will take pics and post later :-)

Morning all. Unfortunately no better health wise. Missed bbq for Father's Day as just couldn't move. Car conked out as Chris got off the motorway about 1/2 mile from Kate's & had to be brought back by the RAC. More pennies - Oh joy :-S Chris thought it was the cylinder head gasket but RAC man thinks it might be the thermostat. May not be worth fixing - but no pennies for a new car either. Definitely think a horse & car would be a better bet :lol:

Need to tidy up a bit today but want to finish a bag I started yesterday. About 75% done - then need to do lining & flowers.....bit obsessed with flowers at the mo as you may have realised :lol:

Have a good day everyone.

Buzy :)

Oh dear Buzy - things are a bit wonky for you at the moment! At least if its the thermostat then it will be a lot cheaper than a head gasket. We thought it was both of those things with our old car but in the end it turned out to be rusty bits in the radiator that clogged up the pipes and we had to replace the radiator - cars can be a right pain.

Hope you feel better soon - seems to be dragging on a bit for you now and you could do with a break from it! And boy are you rocketing through your projects :-)

At least I can usually knit a bit Susie but I'd rather feel better if I'm honest. Chris has just realised the car needs it's MOT in about a month so a new car may be on the cards if anything else needs done. Anyone know of a garage that you can use Monopoly money to buy a car/ Or choccie coins? Just off for a shower & a lie down to recover.

Buzy :)

Hi All. I'm having a grumbly Monday morn. My Lets Knit mag has gone awol in the post again. I hate not getting my monthly fix. Hopefully it will come soon. Fingers crossed

Good morning everyone, hope you all had nice weekends. One set of neighbours have gone away for 2 weeks so it was blissfully quiet. I did lots of reading and knitting in the conservatory, a room I hardly ever get to relax in. It was bliss!

Finished my first ever sock and, despite having to rewrite the pattern to fit OH's long thin feet, it was a perfect fit. Was very pleased with myself. Having done it I think the hardest bit is getting the turned heel back together with the other stitches - you know that diagonal bit where the holes often appear? - I'd never picked up stitches before and it's far harder than doing that kitchener bit. Not so pleased at the prospect of doing the other one, but at least I know I can! Started a black shrug which I've brought into work to continue at lunch time. Will post piccies when I'm more organised.

Buzy, hope you feel better soon. Lots of rest and knitting and get someone to make you copious cups of tea! Nothing like having someone pamper you when you're unwell to help you get better quicker. Take good care. :)