The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

What do you most LIKE about knitting

Ha! Back now! Oh wash that mind out Anniebabes :lol:

Besides I'm not saying anything to incriminate myself ;-P

He has sent me a very interesting pdf about nicotine addiction to try and get me to understand what he's going through and yes it does say in a round about way that he is going to turn into an ogre but the worst should be over in 72 hours, personally I think its going to take longer! The woman he works with is trying to give up too so it must be absolute living hell to be around them in the day :grrr:

I mentioned the headband I had made for Ellie at toddlers on Wednesday and got the response "Are you still doing that knitting thing?"

Tomorrow I intend to have Ellie wear it and show it off and show them, ha!

Silly cows.

That's the kind of patronising rubbish i still get about being vegetarian(I might add since I am nearly 33,and I first became veggie at 17)/

and sometimes get stupid comments like that about knitting but mainly I get oh I used to knit and you start nattering about it.

Blinx, my DH has always been a vegetarian, and I'm afraid those comments are never going to stop. What stumps me, is I can't be vegetarian because of my health needs (I know people can be healthy and vegetarian, I am saying I can't, not people can't)...we eat together, we live together...and people are amazed that we get on. It is called tolerance and respect, and it is not hard to achieve.

I am confused about knitting now though, is it supposed to be a phase we are going through or something?

Blinx, my DH has always been a vegetarian, and I'm afraid those comments are never going to stop. What stumps me, is I can't be vegetarian because of my health needs (I know people can be healthy and vegetarian, I am saying I can't, not people can't)...we eat together, we live together...and people are amazed that we get on. It is called tolerance and respect, and it is not hard to achieve.

I am confused about knitting now though, is it supposed to be a phase we are going through or something?

Totally concur!

as if it's such a "waste of time".

I mean some things might be true like you can get a cheap jumper these days but do we all want to look exactly like evryone else.

sometimes yes...............sometimes no!

I don't think they know how much longer a hand knitted jumper in a good fibre lasts. I thought this about step daughter...she can choose, buy, wear and wear out a cheap jumper in the time it takes me to knit one. This means I have only just got mine as she is throwing hers away...but when three years later I still have mine, I am sure it worked out cheaper than the ten she has had.

This thread is what do you like about knitting...it lasts, that's what.