The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

What do you most LIKE about knitting

Oh just thought...

Weirdly I like the fact that it's not considered 'cool' to knit and that people turn their noses up but then are amazed when I point out that the hat / mittens they complimented a moment ago were knitted by moi!

Oh Lauren that reminded me of the time when I was told knitting was a dead art and then was complimented on the lovely cardi I'd knit for Ellie! Aren't some people strange.....

Oh just thought...

Weirdly I like the fact that it's not considered 'cool' to knit and that people turn their noses up but then are amazed when I point out that the hat / mittens they complimented a moment ago were knitted by moi!

A friend from London told me that it is "cool" a few weeks ago...I mean I was pretty quick to wail that the way I do it it is not cool...ever since I wore a Ra Ra skirt just because everybody else was doing it, I have been on a mission to avoid "cool" .

Yeah RC I'd heard it was now trendy to knit too! Don't worry though because you're not following the crowd, you're more being a trendsetter!!!

On the fashion front I went mad for a circular skirt when they were in so instead of buying one from the shops my mum had one of her friends make me one. By the time I got it though pencil skirts were the new trend and I was way behind the fashions with my nice twirly circular skirt!!!! Bah :lol:

absolutely brilliant everyone.

when your in that zone of quiet clicking when the pattern is going just right.

oh middle of home and away at the mo back soonx