The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamyknitter

What do you hate most about knitting?

Hi Jane, I hated snowflake wool too, but was desperate to make something work with it. I did the shrug from the latest LK mag and it wasn't too bad once I'd got started. I think the secret is really big needles!

Aren't knitting fairies supposed to be nice?!

Well, this 'Knitting Fairy' is closely related to the 'Tidy up Fairy' who when you come to look for the chocolate biscuits you put down minutes ago before leaving the room to fetch a cup of tea, has taken them. The innocent chocolate smeared faces, swear blind they haven't seen said choccie biccies. Then there's the keys, she shrinks them and then magically they reappear in OH's jacket pocket where they started off from. Devious things these 'FAIRIES'

Waking up in winter with arthritis so bad that I couldn't do it. (Or does that count as loving knitting rather than hating it?).

The dirty looks from the lady in LYS just because DH and I have been in there an hour discussing what colour we want "it" in.

Circular needles. (Go on you can all thump me at once now).

Trendiness.

Aren't knitting fairies supposed to be nice?!

The ones that make it payday just as the pricey yarn you needed 18 balls of turns up online for 50p each are nice.

So are the ones who inspire designers to produce patterns in the sizes people actually come in.

And the ones that keep DH glued to his favourite DVD until 2 am, so I get the project finnished.

Clearly not all Knitting Fairies are equal.

I really hate the sewing up too. Buying expensive yarn that keeps splitting thus making it nigh on impossible to pick up a dropped stitch. You regulars will know the one I mean! Knitting along merrily and finding a knot in the middle of a line :grrr: Discovering a mistake way down on your work and wondering if anyone will notice - ofcourse they won't but you know so , with a deep sigh and a few expletives, you unravel to the offending area.

Hey I'm getting depressed. How about a new thread on 'what you love about knitting'? :lol:

You've just reminded me Annie - I really hate it when you make a very small mistake, don't frog for fear of making a bigger mistake, think oh it will be okay as I'm felting it and no one will notice that slightly wonky stitch and then show your finished item proudly to your OH only to have him point out that itsy bitsy mistake as if it was a great big glaring hole!!!!!! Arrrggghhh!!!!!! >:-(