The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
sharon_dcfc

Happy Friday

I've had to learn to pace myself and it's really difficult. My CBT has just come to an end too so now I'm on my own and have to start pacing myself because I've got to cope without counselling. I've got PTSD so I can't rush things because if I push myself too far out of my comfort zone and overdo it completely, I go back to square one and it takes longer to recover.

Liquid allergy relief has arrived!! But OH says if it makes me drowsy I'll have to stay at work till he finishes as I won't be allowed to drive so I'm going to hold off taking it till bedtime as he's just booked a table to take me out for dinner - yay!! :lol: We go out so little as we can't afford it so it's a real treat! Diet will be put on hold tonight for sure!!

Buzy - do you pay to rent the room for your club?? Because if you do tell them you're going to vote with your feet and not bother rebooking, I imagine they'll bend over backwards to find you somewhere else so that they still get the income from it.

West Sussex County Council foot the bill but they don't seem to be much help in sorting either. Just sooo frustrating & tiring. Will see what happens next week.

Enjoy your lovely treat tonight Littlemiss.

:-)

Buzy :)

Littlemisselvis- Enjoy your dinner sounds lovely well OH rang and said he will back from work about 3pm so will go to Wickes see the floor and pick up the paint for the hall...

Contemplating going for a quick drink and dinner with the boys but sometimes thats more hassle then its worth as the eldest (nearly two) wants to wlk around everywhere in the resturant and has a hissy fit if he's not allowed, then the youngest is going to be the same as he is crawling and standing!!!!

So think it will be a drink then home...

Buzy- Hi ya, sorry to hear of your frustrations must make things very difficult!!!!

No nice meal out after all - just got him to cancel because I feel so rubbish. Must be bad if I'm turning down a meal out!!

Sorry to hear about your restaurant troubles love2knit. I can't imagine managing two little'uns in a restaurant!

Hi Julie, mind fog - that's what they call it! I must be about the same age as you and I get it all the time. It got really bad at one point and I took my meds twice in 1 day too. Sometimes I really do have to ask what day it is and when people ask me what I did at the weekend on a Monday morning I never remember Saturday. I've only had the CFS since around January so still getting to grips with the pacing thing. The biggest lesson I've learnt is making sure there's "recovery time" after doing something. After I went to the UK Ravelry Day in Cov, I was knackered for a whole week afterwards. Sometimes I'm so tired I can't even speak! (Hmm, has never stopped me typing on here though, ha ha!!) :lol:

Littlemiss, I know what you mean about everyone rolling into one big knitter! I've taken to typing out my replies in Notepad if I want to say something specific to someone, otherwise by the time I've read all the posts I've forgotten what I want to say and who I wanted to say it to. :roll: Must be that mind fog thing. I hope your hayfever gets better soon. You must be feeling rotten to turn down a meal out. Have you tried vaseline up your snoz? Sounds weird, but I found it does work until I have to blow it, then I have to scuttle off to the loos to reapply. Any stick lip balms (applied in private - you wouldn't want to reapply at your desk!) seem to work the same. :cheese:

Well good afternoon everyone!

Wow - so much going on with you all that I think I've developed mind fog too :-)

Was in a rush this morning to go to toddlers so no time to pop on to say hello sorry.

knit&flee; think I will have to start taking notes too! Err remembrer a plummer, people with wool bargains, some poorly people, some tired people, builders, a cuddly toy and coffee maker - oh no thats the generation game! Can I keep the prizes? :lol:

Big hugs to everyone as you all sound like you need it today!!!!