The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
sharon_dcfc

Happy Friday

Julie, how old are your little ones? I've contemplated camping as a family hol (but I'm afraid I'm a creature of comfort!!) I keep thinking my 2 & 1/2 yr old would luurrrve it, but I'd say it's a lot of work?? My 'baby' is 13 months.

Oh dear, I must have had a blonde moment - of course I know Kemps website, doh! :roll:

Julie, take it easy today and don't overdo it. My best friend has ME and I have chronic fatigue so we're constantly reminding each other to pace ourselves. It's so easy to get carried away with something 'cos you're enjoying yourself, but then it's afterwards when it all catches up with you. Sometimes we're laid flat for days just after doing some light gardening or vaccuuming - mad isn't it! Take good care. :)

Morning all

Waiting for a plumber to call to fix my downstairs loo. Im in a '50s semi detached and have one of the old fashioned outside loo's in the passageway that runs down the side of the house. It has an overhead cistern and there is a leak coming from where the pipe bends and goes into the tank (a result of everything freezing during the winter I think).

Anyway I phoned the council to come and do something about it and the lady said "oh those type of toilets have a stopcock on the pipe. Make sure you turn it off and we will be there sometime on Friday(!)". Well I tried and,guess what,.... yep the stopcock is jammed solid! I haven't used it in the nearly 5 years we've been here and Lord knows how long ago it was used by the previous tenants ( who lived here 30 years!). So the waters still drip, drip, dripping onto the floor and across the lino to pool in the passageway. thankfully I havent put flooring down out there like next door have otherwise I would have gone ballistic!

Still the bright point is that its galvanised me into tidying up out there - Ive already thrown loads out and put 6 things on Freecycle :lol:

Heres hoping everyone has a good one - get naps, no aches and pains and those who are poorly get well soon.