The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
sharon_dcfc

Happy Friday

Morning Sharon, have found you on Ravelry, yay! I think Kemps are quite quick - think it was them that sent me stuff within a couple of days. Hope it arrives over the weekend and you have lots of fun with it - anything you want to confess?! :cheese:

Nothing in particular. I bought enough Just Bamboo to knit another top for myself like the one in FOs but this time the yarn was 89p a ball as opposed to £3.95 which I paid for the first one so it would be rude not to, wouldn't it? I've also bought some DK and chunky (10 balls of each). All 3 cost less than the Just Bamboo for my previous project (so it was a good buy wasn't it?). Well that's what I told my husband. lol ;-) . He actually agreed it was a good buy.

Also seen you on Ravelry. That's one amazing site.

Hi Love2knit, no it wasn't in Pinner (where's that?) it was in Witney in Oxfordshire. Are you near there? It was such a lovely evening, but it ended in disaster a bit. I got home late and wasn't sure I'd go, then decided I would make the effort and met up with 2 people from last time and a new face. We were having such a laugh, but there were 2 drunk men who'd come over to give them hassle for knitting in public before I arrived (I'd thought they were partners at first as I drag mine along for moral support), but then when the girls gave them lip back they decided to stay and chat them up! Anyway, they seemed under control, but then one of them knocked a bottle of red wine all over the table and over 2 of our's stuff. It went over them, their knitting and all over their bags. My OH leapt up to help and ended up adding to the chaos by knocking his freshly poured pint all over the table too, soaking me, my knitting and my lovely new angora cardigan I finished a couple of weeks ago. We all packed up quickly and left. Such a shame. I was furious everything smelt of beer, but it wasn't OH's fault and he was miffed the 2 drunk men didn't offer to replace his pint.

I suggested we watch Slumdog Millionaire on DVD when we got home, which was a nice end to the evening. Not sure how they can dub it as "the feel-good film of the decade" as there's nothing remotely feel-good about it. The poor lad goes through horrible stuff in his life and as I've been reading quite a lot of Indian based literature over the last year, I know how close to the truth a lot of the story threads can be. Shudder! :gulp:

Kemp's is my local yarn shop! They have a huge sale on the moment too - I have Just Bamboo taking over the bedroom! Paton's Sorbet is only 79p too! The shop is fabulous - I could live in there!

Staying home today, I'm feeling a bit icky with the ME (done far too much yesterday!) so I'm going to attempt the ironing with a seat and I'll hopefully finish the back of my Just Bamboo top. I've just started a lovely chunky jumper for DH as we're off camping (I know - mental!!) at the end of August and the mornings were pretty nippy last year. The girls and my wee boy already have plenty of warm woolies but I've never got round to finishing a nice one for DH.

Wish me luck!

Have a good day everyone - it's nearly the weekend! Yey! xx

Morning all and Happy Friday to you! Would you believe I was on the computer for 3 hrs last night and I never got to call over here to say hi. Was looking up eczema websites to try find some help for my little man who is suffering at the moment . Of course this meant I got no knitting done either :(

Off to the recycling centre now, have knitty club tonight so hope to log on when I get back for a chat, enjoy you day wherever you are! x :coolsmile:

Sharon - the wool sounds great might have to have a look!!!! I love buying new wool not that i should buy anymore as my stash is taking up to cupboards in my cabinet to the point OH is complaining!!!!!

Knit&flee; - no live in stanmore near watford just there is a group on in pinner the 3rd wed of every month and just thought maybe!!! But missed it as i have been decorating the last couple days....

Started the kitchen wed while the boys were eating there lunch then carried on when they went bed once finished that glossed the tradiator and door frame in the downstairs loo!!!!! Then when they went down for the night done a second coat in the loo then 1st coat on the hall rad and door frames!!!!

Should of done some last night but popped over to a friends to see her new gaff so didn't get back till 10.15pm.......

Hence why i feel pooped!!!!!

But sounds like you had a right old night!!!!! lol i would be miffed about me wool tho!!!!! Poor girls to!!!!! The film sounds abit depressing!!! I thought by the clips it was a happy one!!!!

Brought the goodfellas and maid of honour but wont be coseying up tonight as more painting!!!! He he he he