The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Juliebubs

Think they need to invent a "Stasher's Anonymous"!

Oops - I've gone and done it again! I found a twenty pound note in my jeans when I was doing the wash (Isn't it fantastic when that happens?) so I innocently popped into my local yarn shop to pay some off of my laid away yarn. I ended up walking out with Luxury Soft Cotton, Snowflake, Rowan Cotton Rope and Wendy 100% wool too, all bashed onto the credit card! What's wrong with me? I already have far too much on the needles and projects backed up to keep me busy until next June! Going to settle down now with a cappucino and my patterns and have a think...(Bliss... :red: )

It is not something wrong with you, it's this nagging fear that you will run out of yarn....you must know that there will still be something to knit with if you finnish all the yarn you have, so you obviously need more.

That is how it goes for me anyway. And if you look at that logic, it works indefinately, because of the IF you finnish all the yarn you have part.

Hi Julie, oops indeed, but the excitement of visiting the yarn shop and coming out with 'Supplies' is just the best feeling isn't it! I'm sure you'll find something to do with it. I'm terrible, I have to have a go with my new stuff as soon as I get the chance, just to see what it looks and feels like when it's knitted. I know people aren't always keen on tension squares, but I look on them with relish when it comes to trying out new additions to my stash. :cheese:

I bought a 200g of bog standard double knit from Poundies for £1.99. Rather pathetic beside your gorgeous purchase. It's just for toy making though. Deffo won't be knitting a tension square :lol:

I know exactly what you mean knit&flee;! I adore the warm glow you get when you've just replenished your stash, and I can't wait to have "just a little knit" of each and every one of them! My DH thinks I'm bonkers! (Doesn't mind when he gets all these lush one-off sweaters though!)

Yes, RC7, there's always something behind the logic when I'm picking up me bargains! I do have some impossibles in there too though, usually the bright day-glo stuff and the hand spuns I've ferreted away. I read a great article in "The Knitter" where the lady called these her "Saffron stash" as her mother always had a jar of expensive saffron stashed in the kitchen, but couldn't bring herself to use it!

Anniebabes - it was all on sale! I couldn't believe my luck! The same shop is still doing Just Bamboo for 89p! It was almost impolite not to buy loads!

I love knitting toys too, especially Jean Greenhowe's lovely designs. It's a great stashbuster and my little lad is inundated with little animals!