The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Crafts Beautiful 2

Lets Get Crafting Challenge!

Sounds great Kate. This issue looks great, just put the baby to bed and my daughters doing her homework and my OH is away in London. Just catching up on here and then I'm going to have a good read of it. Congratulations by the way Nicola, been having internet connection troubles so couldn't congratulate you earlier. I got my subs copy of Q+C and saw your exploading box, well done you ;-)

Thankyou!!!Really made my day to see it in there.xxx

Thought I'd have a go, and for a change make something other than a card. This is one of the few origami folds I can remember, not sure why it stuck with me, but it has. I used the reddy pink paper from LGC, chose it cos it was two tone, then just did the folding, and added some of the silver peel off hearts (they are soooo pretty) if anyone wants to have a go I'll post the instructions on my blog with pics. Oh, made the heart on the stick by sticking two pieces of card together, then stuck heart onto silver paper (bit that was usable), then used one of the tiny circles to make a cone so it would stand up, had I not been limited to just using the LGC stash I would have covered the cone with some lace and maybe put some round the box as well.

post-111-13668116196932_thumb.jpg

post-111-13668116198135_thumb.jpg

post-111-13668116198866_thumb.jpg

This is my card. for the challenge

I loved all the really bright primary colours in the Kit, reminded me of a story book or patchwork so I used my own doodle and printed it about five time with the various cards and papers, even the hearts are from the gorgeous glossy red in the kit.

I then cut the different parts of the design out in the different colours and joined together as if stitched,so I then added the stitching effect to make it look like Patchwork, I then drew a shape of a tag and added the greeting, the gingham backing paper is a download from the free downloads on here.

Added the flowers and brad from my own supply.

If you would like to use my doodle it is on my blog.

post-87-13668116215816_thumb.jpg

post-87-13668116216468_thumb.jpg

post-87-13668116217121_thumb.jpg