The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Buzyknitting

It’sTuesday

Hi Judy. I know how you feel. My MIL is in a home with Dementia & doesn't know us anymore. She's my childrens last grandparent & the others all died from cancer so I know what it's like. We "lost" MIL a long time ago & it's so sad to watch her as she is now. You will have a lovely momento of your mum when the blanket is finished. Take care.

Buzy :)

And you busy.

i remember years ago going to see my aunt(great aunt) I think she had alzheimers.

Was verys sad but she could still remember me and my mum even though she din't know what day it was.

I don't know a lot about it but just to pass on my love

Hello! I know it's now Wednesday but I couldn't resist congratulating Su2ie on getting her lefty mum knitting right-handed, which is what i do. Well done you and tell her good luck from me with the scarf. Maybe you can post a piccy if it gets finished while she's still with you. I'm doing a scarf too, so would be lovely to see how she's doing. :)

Judi, so sorry to hear about your mum. I find all this stuff so hard as I'm not close to my family at all. They hardly know me anymore because they can't be bothered. Losing someone once is so hard, so I can imagine losing them twice in effect must be double the pain. As the others have said, your sister will have a lovely blanket/bed spread to remember her by and hopefully you'll have some lovely memories to share with her too.