The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
angel8676

FOs: A scarf and a thingumybob

Hi all,

Thanks for all your lovely comments. The scarf was a bit fiddly to make, but fine once I got into the swing of it. It only took a few hours to make. The wool, which I think cost about £9 (it wasn't priced and I bought other stuff too, so that's a guess) is by Jarol and it's called Pom Pom. It's multi-coloured varying from bright pink through to quite a deep purple.

It comes in a 200g ball and there's a pattern for a scarf (which uses one ball) and a wrap (which uses two) on the inside of the ball band. The scarf's meant to measure 7ins x 48ins. Mine came out at 4ins x 72ins, excluding tassels, but I think 7ins would've been too thick as the fabric is really thick. It's beautifully soft and will be really cosy. It knits up quickly and comes out sort of pom pomy/bobbly.

It's weird yarn, it looks like lengths of shiny embroidery thread plaited together. I'd recommend it.

As for my i-pod/aye aye pod cover, that was just a rectangle with decreasing stitches at one end. A proper doddle on Wendy Darling fluffy wool I bought to make a baby hat for a friend's little girl ages ago.

x

x

OMG! I left Ali to take the pics and re-size them while I took the dog out. Didn't realise he'd used the picnic rug and checked cushion for the backgrounds. I am Scottish, and proud of it, but my house honestly isn't decorated in tartans!

Angel I am sure that a lot of people think us scots live in a Shortbread tin................oh and I like shortbread and tartan rugs to.

Your knitting is cool.