The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
sharon_dcfc

What project are you working on?

I've just finished a scarf made with pompom wool, which is the first Christmas present out of the way, am half-way through a jumper for my wee boy, have a half-made Debbie Bliss teddy to finish - again for the wee man - and plan to make the crown that Suzie posted a pic of yesterday for, you guessed it, my wee boy! I really must try making something for myself!

Sharon if its for socks you may need 2 circulars but for hats if you get a short circular you should be fine, except when you get to the decreasing. There's a magic circle thingy you can do but I've not tried that as I'm okay with the dpns.

Angel you sound mighty busy! I tend not to knit a lot of stuff for me although I started a scarf but then I'm not sure how much I like it! Sorted out the wools for some finger puppets today. Pattern calls for 2.25mm dpns and DK wool. Think I have some that small but decided to do it on 2.5mm as they're small enough for starters and why make a job hard for yourself eh???

Re-reading that post, I do sound quite busy. But.... the teddy's been on the go for ages, the scarf was just garter stitch with fiddly pom poms throughout the wool which took a couple of evenings, and the jumper comes to hand every so often. I go through phases of knitting stuff and then don't pick my needles up again for ages!

Oh I find I have to knit something everyday now! Can't stand sitting down if my hands aren't busy creating stuff :-)

Have you posted a pic of your pompom scarf yet Angel?

Im working on Havana from LK, doing it in basic acrylic dk not the bamboo suggested as I really dont like the feel of it as I knit plus I really feel the cold so I need something thats just a little more robust. Getting on quite well. Cast on the first sleeve this morning (on the bus) and have done a couple of inches.

Also doing scrap squares for the blankets our knitting group is making for the local homeless shelter and thinking about doing some ballerina snoods for dd1 who is constantly looking for something to do with her hair(!). Not a lot on at the mo :-)

Im like you Susie - I cant sit and NOT do something. That first week in plaster was torture!

I must admit Dee when you first posted about your hand in plaster it made me shudder as I know I would never have coped with that!

I'm hoping to get my mum into the knitting bug when she arrives tomorrow although it will be difficult as she is left handed. Maybe if she can't do it right handed I will have a go at doing it left handed with her, after all I can write with my left hand, paint with it and I've even clippered the OH's hair left handed too, right down to trimming over his ears! :-)