The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Sun hat and felted bag

Oh No, Suzie you said the DPNS word!!!!!!

Disasterous Pointy (k)Nitting Sticks!!!

Oh No all is lost, I'll have to speak nicely to Grandma or Aunty Clare. Thank you for 'instructions' and I'll pass those on, I'm sure they'll (Grandma) be fine. I used my free dpns and made sweetie kebabs - best use I've found for them so far.

Actually as I was posting that I thought hmmmm Jane doesn't like the double pointy things does she??? Glad grandma will be able to help :cheese:

Good use for the dpn's btw!!!

Lovely hat Susie and dont worry about Ellies nose - it'll heal quickly.

DD1 fell down the stairs when she was (just)3 and banged her right cheek resulting in a black eye for Christmas and her cousin (who's 3 months younger) threw a wobbly and whacked her left eye on Mums knee - resulting in another one at the same time. Somewhere I have a photo of them. both with huge grins and opposite black eyes on christmas day.

Silly sausage had decided that she was going to be a big girl and go to the toilet on her own (I had just come homes after having dd2), but she couldnt get her trousers up, so instead of calling for me to help she decided to walk downstairs with her trousers round her ankles.... bang!crash!whollop!!.

I had to ring OH at work to get hime to take her to Casualty as her cheek swelled alarmingly and I thought she might have cracked her cheek bone. All they kept asking her was how it happened - they thought one of us had hit her! Poor OH was dragged across the coals and he hadnt even been there, they didnt beleave her when she said she had fallen on her own.

The bruising was quite spectacular and, boy did I get some funny looks the next time we went to playgroup :red: Thats when my friend suggested that the next time I beat the children I wrap the hammer in a towel first as that way it doesnt leave marks!! :lol:

Jane whan you say empathy doll, is that so the children can examine their feelings/emotions and how others might feel?? A sun hat would be a good idea as it might encourage a few more of the children to wear them in the hot weather. I know its almost impossible to get kids to wear hats at school, even tho the teachers at dd2's school try really hard.

Thanks for all your lovely replies :)

Ellie's bruise is going darker now so looks worse so I guess that means its getting better!

I knit the bag for one of my mum's friends, gave it to the OH yesterday to drop off in England and he took it, forgot about it and brought it back!!!