The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
RC7

Favourite Posts from LK/Crafts B History

We will just have to talk about the best bits, since the old forum is no longer there...I thought we would still be able to read it, but not post, thanks for pointing the mistake out Knit and Flee and Natalie.

I wasn't in that Knitters Totty thing you all did, but it was in the Off Topic section wasn't it? Do we have one of those on here? Anyway, if it is unsuitable for this forum, maybe you could all do it by circulating private messages to each other?

I rememeber when I made Katy laugh...when I suggested mixing salt with olive oil to make a scrub for rough dry knitters hands, and I said you would smell like a meditaranean restaurant, but it worked to mend the hands. Now the reason I mention this again, is we ate in the med last night (it's a Spanish owned place down the road, I didn't leave the country for dinner :) ) and I was sitting there thinking "I wish someone would make this into a perfume"...Eau de Dinner in Spain :-) .

I liked the warnings about mistakes in patterns in the magazines myself...because I make up so much of what I knit, that sometimes when I am looking at an actual pattern I'll tend to think I'm being dumb, rather than the pattern is wrong.

hahah, I remember that - keep meaning to try it though, I have rather rough skin on my knees :red:

there is an off topic section, its called general chit chat, from what i can make out, thats where the good morning thread is - you just add on to it.

and if you make up your knitting, you're hardly dumb my lovely!!!! Been reading my Elizabeth Zimmerman book last night - Am inspired, if a bit nervous as its all centred around guage and needle size, oh and circular knitting - 3 challenges in one! Am going to give it a go for definite though, might try a hat for Warwick first though, keep it small-ish!

I also liked Su2ie's and Flowergirls jokes - am sure they'll be in the general chit chat section soon!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm not totally dumb...just better at having big ideas than I am at following instructions. I'm dumb at following instructions.

I have used the salt and oil mix on my entire body, so it should work on your knees too. Just be gentle with the scrubbing unless it is really hard skin you are working on.

I'm not totally dumb...just better at having big ideas than I am at following instructions. I'm dumb at following instructions.

I have used the salt and oil mix on my entire body, so it should work on your knees too. Just be gentle with the scrubbing unless it is really hard skin you are working on.

aaaaaaah, I see - I have the ideas, but not the know how!

and yes, its hard skin on my knees - because of how Warwick lay when I was pregnant, i spent an awful lot of time latter pregnancy on my hands and knees trying to relieve my back, and had a slow labour, which meant more time draped over a beanbag, on my knees - i've tried for the last 19 months to get rid and nothing has worked - am off to get sea salt and some more olive oil today!!!

xxxxxxx

Katy, an Avon Lady without a solution?????? Oooh er!!!! The olive oil and salt does sound good and yummy though!

RC I do know what you mean about patterns, why do we always doubt ourselves and not consider someone else might have made the mistake ?!